Instrument reservations are made through Booked. After training is complete, all users will be issued a username; to reserve instrument time please go to:
- Reservations are in 15-minute increments.
- M-F 9:00-19:00 (primetime) you may reserve up to two hours per reservation on the 300 and 500, and 30 minutes per reservation on the 400.
- M-F 19:00-9:00 and any time on weekends (evening/weekend) you may reserve up to 18 hours per reservation.
- You may reserve one day in advance.
- You may only have one future reservation at a time.
- Do not waste instrument time, try to reserve only what you intend to use, and unreserve any unused time greater than 15 minutes.
- If you need to exceed any of these limitations, please let me know.
Please note most of these rules are built into the scheduling software and cannot be broken. However, you are expected to follow all the rules even if the software allows otherwise.
- Direct your web browser to this page.
- Log in with your username and password.
- You will start on the Dashboard tab showing any important messages and a list of your upcoming reservations.
- Click the Schedule tab.
- The Schedule tab will always show the NMR – Primetiem calendar by default. If you need to change calendars click the blue pull down arrow.
- Note you will only see available the instruments you have been trained to use.
- Mouse-over an instrument name to see details (location, rules, etc.)
- The NMR – Primetime calendar is for 9:00-19:00 on weekdays.
- The NMR – Evening/Weekend calendar is for 19:00-9:00 on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- All additional departmental instruments (except the LC/MS in PS) are on the Chem calendar.
- Click on the day/time you would like to start your reservation. A new page will open allowing you to edit your reservation. When finished click Create.
- A window will pop-up showing whether your reservation was successful. If you see a failure message, you tried to break one of the rules. Amend the parameters of your reservation and try again.
- Click Close and you should be back to the calendar with your reservation now shown in blue.
- If you need to delete a reservation, click on it to see a summary, and then click Delete.