Jim Katt is an associate professor and the area coordinator of the human communication program. He is also the president and owner of American Communication Group Inc., a communication consultation and audio-visual production company.
Katt earned his B.S.B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Central Florida. His teaching interests include interpersonal communication, organizational communication, communication theory, research methods and motivation in communication.
- Technology in communication
- Effective use of presentation software
- Immediacy in the online environment
- Motivation in communication
- Influencing perceptions of relevance
- Student motivators and de-motivators
- Communication traits
- Motivational effects of written, verbal communication
Many NSC students are familiar with the Nicholson Academic Student Services Center. Students are often referred to this office for questions regarding study abroad, admission into limited access majors...