Jim Katt is an associate professor and the area coordinator of the human communication program. He is also the president and owner of American Communication Group Inc., a communication consultation and audio-visual production company.
Katt earned his B.S.B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Central Florida. His teaching interests include interpersonal communication, organizational communication, communication theory, research methods and motivation in communication.
- Technology in communication
- Effective use of presentation software
- Immediacy in the online environment
- Motivation in communication
- Influencing perceptions of relevance
- Student motivators and de-motivators
- Communication traits
- Motivational effects of written, verbal communication
The Nicholson School of Communication has four faculty members serving on the UCF Faculty Senate, an important legislative body, to provide academic oversight by reviewing and approving policies, new...