Dr Montogomery received her PhD in Physics from Florida Institute of Technology in 2004. She joined UCF in 2004 where she is a Lecturer.
- Montgomery, M.M., 2012a, “Tilt, Warp, and Simultaneous Precessions in Disks,” ApJ Letters, 753, L27.
- Montgomery, M.M., 2012b, “Numerical Simulations of Naturally Titled, Retrogradely Precessing, Nodal Superhumping Accretion Disks,” ApJ, 745, L25
- Montgomery, M.M. & Martin, E.L., 2010, “A Common Source of Accretion Disk Tilt,” ApJ, 722, 989
- Montgomery, M.M., 2009, “Earth, Moon, Sun, and CV Accretion Disk,” ApJ, 705, 603
- Montgomery, M.M., 2009, “Atlas of Tilted Accretion Disks and Source to Negative Superhumps,” MNRAS, 394, 1897
Close binary stars: eclipsing binaries, Algols, Cataclysmic Variables (CVs), accretion disks, planet formation, brown dwarfs and relations to CVs, polars, intermediate polars, non-magnetic CV systems — Physics Education Research: numerical computation as a mode of learning in general education courses — Astrobiology: Payloads and Plants – Growing Plants in Simulated Martian Soils
BY GENE KRUCKEMYER ’73 John C. Bersia ’77, director of UCF’s Global Perspectives Office, a professor of international issues, and a Pulitzer Prize recipient while an editorial writer at the Orlando Se... Read more
Psychology Assistant Professor Kristin Horan, Ph.D., recently contributed to WalletHub’s “2019 Happiest Cities in America.” Horan spoke about the different factors that can affect a person’s happiness, ... Read more
Twenty-seven UCF programs were nationally ranked today in the top 100 of their fields by U.S. News & World Report, and 35 graduate programs total were included in the publication’s 2020 Best Graduate ... Read more
BY ZENAIDA GONZALEZ KOTALA Sometimes the unexpected is more exciting than finding exactly what you thought you’d find, and this is indeed the case for the science team involved in NASA’s OSIRIS-REx asteroid... Read more