Dr. Mucciolo received his PhD in Physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1994. After his PhD, he spent two years as a Postdoc Research Fellow at NORDITA in Denmark. He was an Assistant Professor in Department of Physics and PUC-RJ in Brazil between 1996 and 2002. After a sabbatical leave at Duke University, he joined UCF in December of 2003.
- quantum information, specially quantum error correction
- computational methods and algorithms applied to quantum many-body problems and combinatorial optimization
- electronic transport in low-dimensional systems (molecules, nanotubes, graphene)
77) Chaos and entanglement in quantum circuits, by D. Shaffer, C. Chamon, A. Hamma, and E. R. Mucciolo. J. Stat. Mech. Theor. Exp. (in press). arXiv:1407.4419
76) Magnetic field modulated Kondo effect in a single-magnetic-ion molecule, by J. I. Romero, E. Vernek, G. B. Martins, and E. R. Mucciolo. Phys. Rev. B (in press).arXiv:1404.3755
66) Dynamic spin injection into chemical vapor deposited graphene, by A. K. Patra, S. Singh, B. Barin, Y. Lee, J.-H. Ahn, E. del Barco, E. R. Mucciolo, and B. Özyilmaz. Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 162407 (2012).arXiv:1211.0492
65) Effects of disorder range and electronic energy on the perfect transmission of graphene nanoribbons, by L. R. F. Lima, F. A. Pinheiro, R. B. Capaz, C. H. Lewenkopf, and E. R. Mucciolo. Phys. Rev. B 86, 205111 (2012). arXiv:1210.7517
59) Correlated random hopping disorder in graphene at high magnetic fields: Landau level broadening and wave function symmetries, by A. L. C. Pereira, C. H. Lewenkopf, and E. R. Mucciolo. Phys. Rev. B 84, 165406 (2011). arXiv:1104.4095
58) A unified description of the dc conductivity of monolayer and bilayer graphene based on resonant scatterers, by A. Ferreira, J. Viana Gomes, J. Nilsson, E. R. Mucciolo, N. M. R. Peres, and A. H. Castro Neto. Phys. Rev. B 83, 165402 (2011). arXiv:1010.4026
56) Uncovering the dominant scatterer in graphene sheets on SiO2, by J. Katoch, J. H. Chen, R. Tsuchikawa, C. W. Smith, E. R. Mucciolo, and M. Ishigami. Phys. Rev. B 82, 081417(R) (2010). arXiv:1008.2007
52) Adiabatic charge pumping through quantum dots in the Coulomb blockade regime, by A. R. Hernandez, F. A. Pinheiro, C. H. Lewenkopf, and E. R. Mucciolo. Phys. Rev. B 80, 115311 (2009). arXiv:0907.0038
46) Nonperturbative scaling theory of free magnetic moment phases in disordered metals, by A. Zhuravlev, I. Zharekeshev, E. Gorelov, A. I. Lichtenstein, E. R. Mucciolo, and S. Kettemann. Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 247202 (2007). arXiv:0706.3456
43) Resilient quantum computation in correlated environments: A quantum phase transition perspective, by E. Novais, E. R. Mucciolo, and H. U. Baranger. Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 040501 (2007). quant-ph/0607155
40) Adiabatic spin pumping with quantum dots, by E. R. Mucciolo. inCFN Lectures on Functional Nanostructures, eds. C. Roethig, G. Schoen, and M. Vojta (Springer, 2010).
39) Dephasing of conduction electrons and the quenching of the Kondo effect in disordered metals, by S. Kettemann and E. R. Mucciolo. in Proceedings of the 6th Rencontres du Vietnam (Hanoi, Vietnam, 2006), eds. D. Mailly, Th. Martin, N. Van Hieu, B. Placais, and J. Tran Thanh Van (The Gioi), p. 105.
36) Phonon decoherence in quantum dot qubits, by E. R. Mucciolo, S. Vorojtsov, and H. U. Baranger. in Quantum Information and Computation III, ed. E. J. Donkor, A. R. Pirich, H. E. Brandt,Proceedings of the SPIE 5815, 53 (2005).
35) Two-phase equilibrium model of insulator-insulator contact charging with with electrostatic potential, by M. D. Hogue, E. R. Mucciolo, C. I. Calle, and C. R. Buhler. in Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Electrostatic Society of America, Rochester, NY, June 2004 [J. Electrostatics 63, 179 (2005)].
25) Universal properties in low dimensional fermionic systems and bosonization, by L. E. Oxman, D. G. Barci, E. R. Mucciolo. Proceedings of the XVIII Autumn School ‘Topology of Strongly Correlated Systems’, Lisbon, Portugal, October 2000 [eds. P. Bicudo, J. E. Ribeiro, P. Sacramento, J. Seixas, and V. Vieira (World Scientific, 2001), p. 228].hep-th/0012161
24) Universality of conductance in mesoscopic junctions and chiral anomaly, by L. E. Oxman and E. R. Mucciolo. 2do. Taller de Transporte Electronico en Sistemas Mesoscopicos, Merida, Venezuela, September 1999 [Rev. Mex. Fis. 45 S1, 64 (2001)].
19) Coulomb blockade conductance peak fluctuations in quantum dots and the independent particle model, by R. O. Vallejos, C. H. Lewenkopf, and E. R. Mucciolo. Phys. Rev. B 60, 13682 (1999). cond-mat/9905023
17) Electrons in one-dimensional lattices under laser fields: Quantum and classical chaotic behavior, by B. Koiller, E. R. Mucciolo, H. S. Brandi, and M. A. M. de Aguiar. in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Collective Excitations in Fermi and Bose Systems, Serra Negra, SP, September 1998 [eds. C. A. Bertulani, L. F. Canto, and M. S. Hussein (World Scientific, 1999), p. 246].
16) Coulomb blockade peak spacing fluctuations in deformable quantum dots: a further test of Random Matrix Theory, by R. O. Vallejos, C. H. Lewenkopf, and E. R. Mucciolo. Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 677 (1998). cond-mat/9802124
14) Parametric statistics of the scattering matrix: From metallic to insulating quasi-unidimensional disordered systems, by E. R. Mucciolo, R. A. Jalabert, and J.-L. Pichard. J. Phys. I (France) 7, 1267 (1997).cond-mat/9703178
13) Parametric statistics of the scattering matrix: From metallic to insulating quasi-unidimensional disordered systems, by H. Bruus, C. H. Lewenkopf, and E. R. Mucciolo. Contribution to the 17th Nordic Semiconductor Meeting, Trondheim, 1996 [Phys. Scripta T69, 13 (1997)]. cond-mat/9607003
12) Laser-induced quantum chaos in 1-D crystals, by H. S. Brandi, B. Koiller, and E. R. Mucciolo. Laser Phys. 7, 481 (1997). cond-mat/9602065
10) Lifetime of composite fermions, by by P. A. Lee, E. R. Mucciolo, and H. Smith. XXXI Rencontres de Moriond, Les Arcs, France, January 1996 [in Correlated Fermions and Transport in Mesoscopic Systems, ed. T. Martin, G. Montambaux , and J. Tran Thanh Van (Editions Frontiers, 1996), p. 417].
8) Sensitivity of quantum chaotic wave function intensities to change in external perturbation, by E. R. Mucciolo, B. D. Simons, A. V. Andreev, and V. N. Prigodin. Phys. Rev. Lett. 75, 1360 (1995). cond-mat/9507004
4) Relocation of multichannel spectra, by S. P. Tsai, E. R. Mucciolo, and O. Helene. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 345, 538 (1994).
1993 and earlier
3) Optical properties of an antiferromagnetic ordered, by E. R. Mucciolo and X.-G. Wen. Phys. Rev. B 47, 12172 (1993).
2) Double gamma decay in 90Zr, by E. R. Mucciolo and O. Helene. Phys. Rev. C 40, 2403(1989).
1) Energy measurements of gamma rays from 133Ba: Consistency with cascade crossover relations, by E. R. Mucciolo and O. Helene. Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A 256, 153 (1987).
Oversees the following Graduate Students
Story by Mark Schlueb A well-known computational problem seeks to find the most efficient route for a traveling salesman to visit clients in a number of cities. Seemingly simple, it’s actually surprisingly co... Read more
Story by UCF Today// Two UCF researchers were awarded prestigious 2016 Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards. The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) group awarded Michael Chini, Ph.D., an assist... Read more
Eduardo Mucciolo, Ph.D., is the new chair of the UCF Department of Physics. Dr. Mucciolo officially began serving in his new appointment on May 20, 2016. Dr. Mucciolo has been at UCF since 2003 when he was hire... Read more
The College of Sciences is proud to announce the 2015-2016 winners for the Teaching Incentive Program and Research Incentive Award. Each year, UCF’s Academic Affairs’ Office of Faculty Excellence gives inc... Read more