March 20 Brevard Physics in-service day
- March 3 Feynman Diagram workshop
- November 18 K12 Teacher Day at UCF Physics
- October 22 Physics Career Day
- September 13 Coding with Jupyter Notebooks
- September 10 Special relativity for K12 mini-workshop
- August 1-3 UCF PhysTEC/CERN OpenData workshop (at UF)
- July 25-29 Quarknet/FSU Summer workshop
- June 20-21 UCF PhysTEC workshop – Daytona
- June 15-17 UCF PhysTEC/CERN OpenData workshop (at UCF)
- June 13-14 UCF PhysTEC workshop (at UCF)
- May 31-June 6 Quarknet/FIT Summer workshop (at FIT)
- October 26 – Argumentation, inquiry, and effective writing in science, Osceola County Physics and Physical Science teachers, w/Adam LaMee
- August 21 – Easy-to-implement inquiry labs and written argumentation techniques for 6-12 Science students, Osceola County Physics and Physical Science teachers, w/Adam LaMee.
- June 26 – Workshop on physics demonstrations in Motion and Energy at UCF, w/Josh Colwell.
- June 16 – Workshop on developing labs with Vernier and PASCO equipment in Osceola County St. Cloud High School, w/Kevin Thomas.
- June 12 – Review of the Physics Subject Area FTCE for endorsement to teach physics, Orange County, w/Kevin Thomas.
We have university faculty and veteran K-12 classroom teachers who are happy to help with the professional development needs of teachers and school districts in Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Brevard, and Volusia counties. Are offerings include:
- Implementing Lesson Study, TeachMeet, peer-observation, and teacher-led PLCs that provide real and lasting change
- Content-focused workshops in Physics and Physical Science
- Pedagogy and classroom strategies for 6-12 science
- Technology to enhance instruction (e.g., probeware, video motion analysis, websites for teachers and students, Arduino, computer programming)
- Modeling Instruction in Physics
- Support for design and implementation of research-based formative, summative, and performance assessments
Looking for something else? Contact us at UCFTIR@gmail.com and let us know. If we can’t help, we’ll connect you to someone who can.