Information about the online degree completion for Psych B.S. is here: http://www.ucf.edu/online/degree/psychology-b-s/
Psych B.S. Requirements Checklist: Psych Check list ONLINE
The Psychology degree is attainable online after the following requirements have been met:
- An Associate of Arts (A.A.) is awarded from a Florida public college or university. (If not, you may have GEP courses you need to complete in your first semesters: http://catalog.ucf.edu/policies/gep )
- All program prerequisites have been completed before transferring to UCF.
- UCF does not guarantee offering the program prerequisites courses in an online format.
- The program prerequisites are:
- PSY 2012- General Psychology
- DEP 2004- Developmental Psychology
- Biology: BSC 1005- Biological Principles OR BSC 2010 General Biology I (NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE AT UCF)
- Statistics: STA 2023 – Statistical Methods OR STA2014 Principles of Statistics (NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE AT UCF)
- Some other requirements may not be found online such as specific courses for the Graduation Foreign Language requirement, and the 2 additional math/science electives.
After acceptance to UCF you will be prompted to complete Orientation and fill out immunization forms for Health Services. There are 2 webcourses to complete for orientation. The first is UCF Virutal Orientation and then the second is COS Online: Psychology webcourse. Once these are complete and you have no other holds on your myUCF account, you will be able to register for courses you need according to your degree audit.
Due to popularity of online courses (we are the biggest major at the 2nd largest school in the country), the closer to the start of the semester, the less likely there will be available courses open to enroll into even with waitlisting available for some courses. Be prepared to take less courses in your first semester. This is why it is imperative you apply early and finish Orientation as early as possible.
Have additional questions? Email the Psychology Advising Center at email@example.com with the title "Online Advising"