Award Amount: $10,000.00
- Two scholarship candidates will be nominated by the Department Chairs from the following 4 departments: Physics/Astronomy; Biology; Chemistry; and, Mathematics.
- The nomination forms must be submitted to COS digitally by noon Thursday, February 17, 2017; they should be sent to Margaret Leclair (Margaret.Leclair@ucf.edu) and Susan Hill (Susan.Hill@ucf.edu) in COS.
- Interested students, please contact the Department Chair.
- Scholarship nominees must be a U.S. citizen.
- Scholarship nominees must be natural science, applied science, or mathematics students with intentions to pursue research or advance their field upon completion of their final degrees.
- At the time of nomination, scholarship candidates must be at least second year (sophomore) college students, have excellent grades, and have conducted a considerable amount of lab and research work in their field.
- The Astronaut Scholarship is awarded only to students during their junior or senior year; thus, no seniors may apply. In some cases students may carry their awards to a second year.
- Students must attend school full-time during both terms of the ASF-supported academic year.
- Scholarship nominees are those students who have shown initiative, creativity, and excellence in their chosen field. Special consideration is not given to aeronautical/ astronautical engineering students or those intending to pursue careers as astronauts.