This has been a busy and exciting time for Social Sciences!
Here’s a quick update on our recent accomplishments:
- We co-hosted with Sociology the 2017 Career Day which was a great success. We had 21 organizations and approximately 80 students attending.
- We have been granted permission to charter a chapter of Pi Gamma Mu International Honors Society in Social Sciences! Our initial group of students will be inducted at the April AKD/PMG ceremony.
- The major is now online! Social Sciences became the 20th degree program that is part of the UCF Online program, effective Spring 2017.
- We have had a huge increase in number of majors in just one year! In Fall 2015 we had 54 majors; we now have 86.
- We have intensified our outreach efforts. We recently visited Valencia College and plan to continue visiting community colleges, high schools and connecting with groups and organizations on campus that are connected with incoming students.
- We’re in the news! COS NEWS featured a story about Social Sciences. Check it out: https://sciences.ucf.edu/news/major-growth-ucf-social-sciences/
Like us on Facebook! You’ll find us under UCF Social Sciences.
In other news, we have new Advisory Board members: Anne Bubriski-McKenzie (Women & Gender Studies), Dena Ford (COSAS), Erin Grainger (Psychology) and Nick Schenk (Political Science) and Rachael Reed (student member). We welcome these individuals and thank those outgoing for all their help in build a strong, vibrant program! Go here to see a complete list of Advisory Board members: http://sciences.ucf.edu/socialsciences/group/advisory-board-members/
If you have any ideas or would like to get involved with the program, we’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me at Elizabeth.email@example.com.
Liz Grauerholz, PhD
Director, UCF Social Sciences