The College of Sciences at the University of Central Florida aims to become nationally and internationally recognized for excellence in education and research in each of its disciplines, for contributing to the economic and intellectual growth of the region and state, and for educating students who are committed to excellence, leadership, service and lifelong learning.
The College of Sciences provides students the foundations needed for critical thinking as well as career and life success. Through research and discovery, the college expands knowledge in communication and the physical, biological, social, behavioral and computational sciences. We seek to conduct research that matters, and to prepare students to be thoughtful, ethical and engaged members of society locally, nationally and worldwide.
- Focus on student learning: innovation, experimentation and evaluation.
- Pursue research that is important for scientific understanding and for the common good.
- Shape nationally competitive Ph.D. programs and professionally useful master’s programs.
- Increase fundraising – both annual giving and major gifts.
- Foster internationalization efforts in appropriate departments.
- Improve faculty member’s long-term career success and satisfaction.
- Foster outreach, recruitment, and retention in the natural sciences, particularly of underrepresented groups.