Contact: Ashley Hilyer
Phone: (407) 823-4578
Updated: April 10, 2014
To provide traveler with cash to pay for research-related expenditures such as materials and/or services at research site (off main campus) which are not appropriate through the typical university procurement system (i.e. p-card, registration advance, purchase order, etc.) utilizing C&G funds. This request can’t include travel-related expenditures to and from research site. Therefore, a travel authorization request would also need to be prepared for the travel to and from the research site.
The “Approval of Field Advance” is prepared by department, school, center or institute. The completed form, research statement and power of attorney are submitted to the college for approval.
- The approved form is returned to the requesting unit (department, school, institute, center or office)
- Prepare a travel requisition–one line requisition using the “travel advance” category & account code for the total amount.
- Write the PO# of the “Approval of Field Advance” form and submit to Virginia Grayson in F&A/Contracts & Grants Administration.
- Funds are direct deposited.
- P.I. is responsible for providing a full accounting of all expenditures of funds by obtaining and retaining receipts.
- The receipts and reconciliation are submitted to the Division of Finance & Accounting Contract and Grant Section (Randolph Foster, Associate Controller)
**Above steps may include routing through COS Research**
Barbara Cancel, Coordinator Research Program Services 3-4521