Policies and Procedures

Petty Cash

Contact: Ashley Hilyer
Email: Ashley.Hilyer@ucf.edu
Phone: (407) 823-4578

Updated: April 10, 2014

 F&A Instructions:

To set up a petty cash fill out the Petty Cash and Change Fund Assignment form # 41-565, available on F&A’s website or you can get it by clicking or pasting the link below in your web browser.


Provide all the details requested in the form and have it signed by the department head and bring us the original form and we will process the request and provide a vendor ID for the custodian of the funds.

If this is for a study please provide an IRB to support the need for a petty cash.

Once you have a Vendor ID you will also have to set up a zero dollar, no match PO for petty cash and provide us the PO number, that will provide us information to issue a check in the name of the custodian.

F&A Contact:
Elsa Dantes, Coordinator, Accounting, 407-882-1040

College Comments:
Form also includes limitations, or fund restrictions, and procedural information. Instead of receipts they will allow you to establish a log. The log should include a statement of purpose, the date payment received, the participants printed name and signature.