In Dr. Hamptons’s lab group, solid materials for the efficient storage of hydrogen and with low or adjustable release temperatures are being developed for automotive applications. Production of biodiesel directly from rapeseeds with reduced energy, solvent, and cleanup requirements is being devised. Small, rugged, low energy ozone sensors are being made for space for electronic circuit health monitoring. The relationship between volatile compounds humans emit and their emotional states are being studied and related to their level of engagement and learning in class to allow tracking of engagement and learning as well as determining their effects on indoor air quality.
- B. P. Pearman, N. Mohajeri, R. P. Brooker, M. P. Rodgers, D. K. Slattery, M. D. Hampton, D. A. Cullen, and S. Seal, The Chemical Bebavior and Degradation Mitigation Effect of Cerium Oxide
Nanoparticals in Perfluorosulfonic Acid Polymer Electrolyte Membranes Polymer Degradation and Stability. Polymer Degradation and Stability, Accepted 5-27-13.
- B. P. Pearman, N. Mohajeri, R. P. Brooker, M. P. Rodgers, D. K. Slattery, M. D. Hampton, D. A. Cullen, and S. Seal, The Degradation Mitigation Effect of Cerium Oxide in Polymer Electrolyte Membranes in Extended Fuel Cell Durability Tests. J. Power Sources, 75-83 (2013).
- J. L. Coutts, C. L. Geiger, C. A Clausen, M. D. Hampton, “The Use of Mechanical Alloying for the Preparation of Palladized Magnesium Bimetallic Particles for the Remediation of PCB’s”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 192,1380, 2011.
- M. T. Oztek, M. D. Hampton, D. K. Slattery, and S. Loucks, “Hydrogen Storage with Hetero Porphyrin Aggregates”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36, 6705 (2011).
- M. T. Oztek, M. D. Hampton, D. K. Slattery, S. Loucks, “Properties of Aggregates of Anionic-Cationic Porphyrins: TCPP and TAP”, from Preprints of Symposia – American Chemical Society,
Division of Fuel Chemistry (2007), 52(1), 102-103.
- “Heavy Metal Remediation of Soil and Sediments by Application of Emulsified Liquid Membrane Technology”, Debbie B. Maxwell Robert W. DeVor, Kristen M. Milum, Brian Aitken, Rachel
Calabro, Michael D. Hampton, Cherie L. Geiger, Christian A. Clausen, Jacqueline Quinn, accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on
Remediation of Contaminated Sediments, Savannah, GA, Jan. 22-25, 2007.
- M. D. Hampton, D. K. Slattery, M. T. Oztek, “Alloys for Hydrogen Separation, Recovery and Purification”, Int. Sci. J. Alternative Energy and Ecology, 4(48), 46 (2007).
- D. Cauceglia, M. D. Hampton, J. K. Lomness, D. K. Slattery, and M. Resan, “Hydrogen Uptake Characteristics of Mechanically Alloyed Ti-V-Ni”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 417, 159
- Mirna Resan, Michael D. Hampton, Janice K. Lomness, and and Darlene K. Slattery, “Effect of TixAly Catalysts on Hydrogen Storage Properties of LiAlH4 and NaAlH4”, International Journal of
Hydrogen Energy, 30, 1417 (2005).
- M. Resan, M. D. Hampton, J. K. Lomness, and D. K. Slattery, “The Effects of Various Catalysts on Hydrogen Release and Uptake Properties of LiAlH4”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 30, 1413 (2005).