• Financial awards offered to students on the basis of academic merit and other criteria
  • UCF Fellowships are available to new, regularly admitted, full-time students by department nomination. These are competitive awards that are normally announced in the spring term.
  • If you are an award recipient, and have questions about the requirements of the award, contact the Graduate College for more information
  • Other Award Opportunities – There are also a number of non-university related funding opportunities available to students. This web-link (still within the college website) provides information about these opportunities and access to several online databases of funding sources. Be certain to explore national, local, regional, and community award opportunities for which you may also be eligible.
  • For more information, contact either the College of Graduate Studies, the College of Sciences Graduate Office or your program’s Graduate Director.
Graduate Assistantships

Assistantships are positions of employment offered to graduate students to supplement the academic requirements of a degree with an assignment of teaching, conducting research, or performing other tasks within the university.

  • Graduate Assistants must be enrolled full-time.
  • Contact your program advisor for more information
  • GTAs must attend the GTA Training offered by FCTL and complete an online Legal Module. See the Graduate College’s Website for more information.

Students employed on assistantship positions will be able to access their paycheck from the myUCF Employee Self Service pages.

Health Insurance

All students who are a recipient of a university fellowship, or who are employed on a graduate assistantship position that pays tuition are eligible for student health insurance. Please contact the College of Graduate Studies Office of Financial Assistance for more information.

Tuition Remissions/Waivers
  • Waiver of tuition costs (if you are offered one, be sure to ask for a dollar $$ amount)
  • Fellowship or assistantship recipients may receive both a remission and waiver
  • Contact your program advisor for more information
  • If you are a domestic student, and plan on establishing residency, please contact the Registrar’s Office for more information about this process.
Student Loans

Student loans are available through the Student Financial Assistance Office. If you are a financial aid recipient, know who your financial aid advisor is… and isn’t. Your academic advisor, your instructor, your friends are not financial aid advisors!

Office Contact
Website: http://finaid.ucf.edu/
Phone: 407/823-2827
E-Mail: finaid@mail.ucf.edu
Location: Millican Hall, room 120