- The minor is not open to Mathematics or Math Education majors
- A grade of “C” (2.0) or better is required in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- At least 6 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the Department of Mathematics.
- A minimum of 6 hours used to satisfy the Math Minor must be unique and not be used to satisfy the requirements of a major.
- Students must satisfy each course’s prerequisites before enrolling in the class.
|MAC 2311C||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||4 hrs|
Required Courses (11 hrs)
|MAC 2312||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||4 hrs|
|MAC 2313||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||4 hrs|
|MAP 2302||Ordinary Differential Equations I||3 hrs|
Restricted Electives (7 hrs)
The Restricted Electives must be taken from the Department of Mathematics at UCF and must include one course at the 4000-5000 level.
Select two from the following list of options:
|MAA XXXX (any 3000, 4000, or 5000 level course, except as noted below)|
|MAD XXXX (any 3000, 4000, or 5000 level course)|
|MAP XXXX (any 3000, 4000, or 5000 level course, except as noted below)|
|MAS XXXX (any 3000, 4000, or 5000 level course, except as noted below)|
|MTG XXXX (any 3000, 4000, or 5000 level course)|
|Any mathematics Honors courses that are approved for this purpose by the Department Standards Committee|
You may select either course if desired, but not both.
|MAS 3105||Matrix and Linear Algebra||4 hrs|
|MAS 3106||Linear Algebra||4 hrs|
You may select either sequence, but not both.
|MAA 4226||Advanced Calculus I||4 hrs|
|MAA 4227||Advanced Calculus II||3 hrs|
|MAA 5210||Topics in Advanced Calculus||3 hrs|
Foreign Language Requirements
Total Semester Hours Required
- No credit by exam (TSD, Military credit) may be used.
- Internship, Co-op, or Independent Study credit cannot be used toward the minor.