Dr Montogomery received her PhD in Physics from Florida Institute of Technology in 2004. She joined UCF in 2004 where she is a Lecturer.
- Montgomery, M.M., 2012a, “Tilt, Warp, and Simultaneous Precessions in Disks,” ApJ Letters, 753, L27.
- Montgomery, M.M., 2012b, “Numerical Simulations of Naturally Titled, Retrogradely Precessing, Nodal Superhumping Accretion Disks,” ApJ, 745, L25
- Montgomery, M.M. & Martin, E.L., 2010, “A Common Source of Accretion Disk Tilt,” ApJ, 722, 989
- Montgomery, M.M., 2009, “Earth, Moon, Sun, and CV Accretion Disk,” ApJ, 705, 603
- Montgomery, M.M., 2009, “Atlas of Tilted Accretion Disks and Source to Negative Superhumps,” MNRAS, 394, 1897
Close binary stars: eclipsing binaries, Algols, Cataclysmic Variables (CVs), accretion disks, planet formation, brown dwarfs and relations to CVs, polars, intermediate polars, non-magnetic CV systems — Physics Education Research: numerical computation as a mode of learning in general education courses — Astrobiology: Payloads and Plants – Growing Plants in Simulated Martian Soils
The 2019 Indian elections, which will be the largest exercise in democracy in world history, look increasingly competitive. While the incumbent, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, remains personally popular, his ... Read more
BY NICOLE DUDENHOEFER ’17 Several of the 2019 Order of Pegasus honorees have studied fields as diverse as tidal flooding, migraine headaches, plastic pollution and other topics. Several of the 22 undergra... Read more
There’s not many opportunities that blend marine conservation and medical sciences. So Jacob Hromyak considers himself lucky to volunteer at PedsAcademy at Nemours Children’s Hospital. PedsAcademy is a pedi... Read more
A new mobile learning lab focused on geospatial technologies like maps, apps and drones just edged closer to its public debut with a brand new look. The GeoBus is the vision of Citizen Science GIS, an internati... Read more