Dr. Tetard received her PhD in Physics from University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, in 2010. She spent two years (2011-2013) as Eugene P. Wigner Fellow and Research Staff in Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, before joining UCF in 2013 where she is an Assistant Professor.
Current systems of interest: 2D materials, nanoarchitectured materials and devices, biomaterials, nanoparticle-cell interactions.
Selected Journal Publications
- B. Duong, H. Khurshid, P. Gangopadhyay, J. Devkota, K. Stojak, H. Srikanth, L. Tetard, R. A. Norwood, N. Peyghambarian, M. Phan and J. Thomas, Enhanced Magnetism in Highly Ordered Magnetite Nanoparticle-Filled Nanohole Arrays, Small, DOI: 10.1002/smll.201303809 (2014), selected for cover page
- M. Ewald, L. Tetard, C. Elie-Caille, L. Nicod, A. Passian, E. Bourillot, E. Lesniewska, From surface to intracellular non-invasive nanoscale study of living cells impairments, Nanotechnology, NANO-102429.R1 in press (2014)
- A. Lereu, R. H. Farahi, L. Tetard, S. Enoch, T. Thundat, A. Passian. Plasmon assisted thermal modulation in nanoparticles. Optics Express, 21 (10), 12145-12158, 2013.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Voy, T. Thundat. Applications of Subsurface Microscopy, Nanotoxicity, in Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 926, 2012.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, S. Jung, A. J. Ragauskas, B. H. Davison. Development of New Methods in Scanning Probe Microscopy for Lignocellulosic Biomass Characterization, Industrial Biotechnology, 8, 1, 2012.
- R. H. Farahi, A. Passian, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Critical issues in sensor science to aid food and water safety, ACS Nano, 6, 4548, 2012.
- R. H. Farahi, A. Passian, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Pump-probe photothermal spectroscopy using quantum cascade lasers, Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 45, 125101, 2012.
- A. Lereu, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, L. Abel-Tiberini, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Spectroscopy and imaging of arrays of nanorods toward nanopolarimetry, Nanotechnology , 23, 045701, 2012.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, S. Eslami, N. Jalili, R. H. Farahi, T. Thundat. Virtual resonance and frequency difference generation by van der Waals interaction, Physics Review Letters, 106, 180801, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, T. Thundat. Optomechanical spectroscopy with broadband interferometric and quantum cascade laser sources, Optics Letters, 36, 3251-3253, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Optical and plasmonic spectroscopy with cantilever shaped materials, Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 44, 445102, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, S. Jung, A. J. Ragauskas, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Nanometrology of delignified Populus using mode synthesizing atomic force microscopy, Nanotechnology, 22, 465702, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, T. Thundat. New modes for subsurface atomic force microscopy through nanomechanical coupling, Nature Nanotechnology, 5, 105-109, 2010.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, T. Thundat. Atomic force microscopy of silica nanoparticles and carbon nanohorns in macrophages and red blood cells, Ultramicroscopy, 110, 586-591, 2010.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, U. C. Kalluri, B. H. Davison, and T. Thundat. Spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy of biomass, Ultramicroscopy, 110, 701-707, 2010.
- R. Farahi, A. Passian, Y. K. Jones, L. Tetard, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Laser reflectometry of submegahertz liquid meniscus ringing, Optics Letters, 34 (20), 3148-3150, 2009.
- R. Desikan, L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. Datar, and T. Thundat. Nanomechanical methods to study single cells. In K. Zengler (Ed.), Accessing Uncultivated Microorganisms: from the Environment to Organisms and Genomes and Back. Washington, D.C.: ASM Press, 2009.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, K. T. Venmar, R. M. Lynch, B. H. Voy, G. Shekhawat, V. P. Dravid, T. Thundat. Imaging nanoparticles in cells by nanomechanical holography, Nature Nanotechnology, 3, 501-505, 2008.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. M. Lynch, B. H. Voy, G. Shekhawat, V. P. Dravid, T. Thundat. Elastic phase response of silica nanoparticles buried in soft matter, Applied Physics Letters, 93, 133113, 2008.
The University of Central Florida’s Department of Physics was well represented at this year’s annual conference of the American Physical Society Bridge Program. Physics faculty and students made UCF proud w... Read more
UCF scientists have been awarded a $477,000 grant to develop a method of combating a bacterium that attacks tomatoes and other crops. The grant is part of a $5.2 million investment in nanotechnology research at... Read more
UCF researcher Swadeshmukul Santra, Ph.D., associate professor with the NanoScience Technology Center and the chemistry department at UCF, has been awarded a $1.9 million grant to develop a method for protec... Read more
On Saturday October 3rd, UCF’s Physics Department hosted their 3rd annual Physics Career Exploration Day. Physics Career Exploration Day is geared toward high school students who want to explore careers ... Read more