- November 8: Orange County Schools AP Physics PLC at Olympia High School
- November 7: Cosmic rays & Quarknet detector with the UCF Society of Physics Students
October 17: Secondary Science Supervisors Gathering (at UCF)
- October 4: Orange County Schools STEM tutor and teacher info session and hiring event (at UCF)
- June 20: Orange County Physics teachers meeting
- May 23 Physics Course Reform Workgroup
- April 25 Orange County Physics teachers meeting
- April 10 Field trip to Edgewater high school to learn about a career in K-12 STEM teaching.
- March 20 Brevard Physics in-service day
- March 3 Feynman Diagram workshop
- December 7: Orange County Schools STEM Teacher and Tutor info session and hiring event
- November 18 K12 Teacher Day at UCF Physics
- October 22 Physics Career Day
- September 13 Coding with Jupyter Notebooks
- September 10 Special relativity for K12 mini-workshop
- August 1-3 UCF PhysTEC/CERN OpenData workshop (at UF)
- July 25-29 Quarknet/FSU Summer workshop
- June 20-21 UCF PhysTEC workshop – Daytona
- June 15-17 UCF PhysTEC/CERN OpenData workshop (at UCF)
- June 13-14 UCF PhysTEC workshop (at UCF)
- May 31-June 6 Quarknet/FIT Summer workshop (at FIT)
- October 26 – Argumentation, inquiry, and effective writing in science, Osceola County Physics and Physical Science teachers, w/Adam LaMee
- August 21 – Easy-to-implement inquiry labs and written argumentation techniques for 6-12 Science students, Osceola County Physics and Physical Science teachers, w/Adam LaMee.
- June 26 – Workshop on physics demonstrations in Motion and Energy at UCF, w/Josh Colwell.
- June 16 – Workshop on developing labs with Vernier and PASCO equipment in Osceola County St. Cloud High School, w/Kevin Thomas.
- June 12 – Review of the Physics Subject Area FTCE for endorsement to teach physics, Orange County, w/Kevin Thomas.
We have veteran classroom teachers and university faculty who are happy to help with the professional development needs of teachers and school districts in Brevard, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia counties. Offerings include:
- Implementing Lesson Study, TeachMeet, peer-observation, and teacher-led PLCs that provide real and lasting change
- Content-focused workshops in Physics and Physical Science
- Pedagogy and classroom strategies for 6-12 science
- Technology to enhance instruction (e.g., probeware, video motion analysis, websites for teachers and students, Arduino, computer programming)
- Modeling Instruction
- Support for design and implementation of research-based formative, summative, and performance assessments
Looking for something else? Contact us at Adam.LaMee@ucf.edu.