Professor Brophy joined UCF in 1969 after completing his Ph.D. at Vanderbilt. His current research interests are the effects of humor on stress, health, mood and the immune system. Dr. Brophy is also interested in computer applications to psychology, especially the utilization of the World Wide Web. Professor Brophy is also working on research projects with the Florida Hospital which involves lower extremity rehabilitation and vestibular/balance problems.
- Dziuban, C., Hartman, J., Moskal, P., Brophy-Ellison, J., & Shea, P., (2007). Student Involvement in Online Learning. Final report delivered to the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation in fulfillment of grant B2006-29.
- Dziuban, C., Moskal, P., Brophy-Ellison, J., & Shea, P. (2007). Student satisfaction with asynchronous learning. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks,11(1).
- Dziuban, C., Moskal, P., Brophy-Ellison, J., & Shea, P., (2007). Technology-Enhanced Education and Millennial Students in Higher Education. Metropolitan Universities, 18(3).
- Hartman, J. L., Dziuban, C., & Brophy-Ellison, J. (2007). Faculty 2.0 [Electronic version]. EDUCAUSE review, 42(5), 62-76.
- Lytle, S., Lytle, B. & Brophy, J. (2006). Student engagement in large undergraduate online courses. In T. Reeves & S. Yamashita (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government Healthcare, and Higher Education 2006 (pp. 1330-1333). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
The 2019 Indian elections, which will be the largest exercise in democracy in world history, look increasingly competitive. While the incumbent, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, remains personally popular, his ... Read more
BY NICOLE DUDENHOEFER ’17 Several of the 2019 Order of Pegasus honorees have studied fields as diverse as tidal flooding, migraine headaches, plastic pollution and other topics. Several of the 22 undergra... Read more
There’s not many opportunities that blend marine conservation and medical sciences. So Jacob Hromyak considers himself lucky to volunteer at PedsAcademy at Nemours Children’s Hospital. PedsAcademy is a pedi... Read more
A new mobile learning lab focused on geospatial technologies like maps, apps and drones just edged closer to its public debut with a brand new look. The GeoBus is the vision of Citizen Science GIS, an internati... Read more
Office hours are available by appointment only. Please contact to schedule an appointment.