Dr. Fritzsche joined the faculty at UCF in 1996. In 1993, she received her PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of South Florida. Prior to teaching at UCF, she taught at the University of North Florida and worked as Project Director in Research and Development for Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc.(a psychological test publisher). Her background includes evaluating, developing, and validating psychological tests, conducting job analyses, and managerial assessment and development. Dr. Fritzsche’s research interests include workplace diversity, especially the aging workforce, and workplace wellness initiatives. She received the College of Sciences Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching (2013) and has served as both I/O PhD Program Director (2003-2008) and MSIOP Program Director (2010-2015; 2016-2018). Dr. Fritzsche is now Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Jensen, B. J., & Fritzsche, B. A. (in press). Novel Approaches to Exercise Consulting. In E. Labbé & S. Petruzzello’s (Eds.), APA Handbook of Sport and Exercise Psychology, Vol. 2. Washington, D. C., American Psychological Association.
- Fritzsche, B. A., & Baz, G. (2017). Leader-Member Exchange in an Aging Workplace. In T. A. Scandura & E. Mourino (Eds.), Leading Diversity in the 21st Century. Scottsdale, AZ: Information Age Publishing.
- Fritzsche, B. A., & Nathan, A. (2016). Stereotype Threat. In The The SAGE Encyclopedia of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Second Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Marcus, J., Fritzsche, B. A., Le, H., & Reeves, M. D. (2016). Validation of the Work-related, Age-based Stereotypes (WAS) Scale. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 31, 989-1004.
- Marcus, J., & Fritzsche, B. A. (2016). The Cultural Anchors of Age-Based Discrimination in the Workplace: A Multilevel Framework. Work, Aging, and Retirement, 2, 217-229.
- Fritzsche, B. A., & Dhanani, L. Y. (2015). Organizational performance and diversity. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. Hoboken, NY: Wiley.
- Marcus, J., & Fritzsche, B. A. (2015). One size doesn’t fit all: Toward a theory on the intersectional salience of ageism at work. Organizational Psychology Review, 5, 168-188.
- Fritzsche, B. A., Dhanani, L. Y., & Spencer, J. M. (2014). Empowerment through employment: Job satisfaction theories and research. In D. R. Strauser (Ed.), Career Development, Employment and Disability in Rehabilitation: From Theory to Practice. New York, Springer.
- Marcus, J., & Fritzsche, B. A. (2014). One too many categories: An experimental test on the effectiveness of a dual-identity recategorization intervention on age-based bias. Current Psychology, 33, 578-599.
- Xavier, L., Fritzsche, B., Sanz, E., & Smith N. (2014). Stereotype threat: How does it measure up?” Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 7, 438-447.
Nikki Monroe, ’96, credits the guidance and support she received in the UCF Psychology Department for her success in Human Resources Management. While obtaining her Bachelor’s Degree in industrial psycholo... Read more
Office hours are available by appointment only. Please contact to schedule an appointment.