Dr. Fritzsche joined the faculty at UCF in 1996. In 1993, she received her PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of South Florida. Prior to teaching at UCF, she taught at the University of North Florida and worked as Project Director in Research and Development for Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc.(a psychological test publisher). Her background includes evaluating, developing, and validating psychological tests, conducting job analyses, and managerial assessment and development. Dr. Fritzsche’s research interests include workplace diversity, especially the aging workforce, and workplace wellness initiatives. She is now Director of the Industrial and Organizational MS Program and a recent recipient of the College of Sciences Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching (2013).
- Fritzsche, B. A., & Dhanani, L. Y. (in press). Organizational performance and diversity. In The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism. Hoboken, NY: Wiley.
- Marcus, J., & Fritzsche, B. A. (2014). One too many categories: An experimental test on the effectiveness of a dual-identity recategorization intervention on age-based bias. Current Psychology. Advance online publication. DOI 10.1007/s12144-014-9230-9.
- Fritzsche, B. A., Dhanani, L. Y., & Spencer, J. M. (2014). Empowerment through employment: Job satisfaction theories and research. In D. R. Strauser (Ed.), Career Development, Employment and Disability in Rehabilitation: From Theory to Practice. New York, Springer.
- Xavier, L., Fritzsche, B., Sanz, E., & Smith N. (2014). Stereotype threat: How does it measure up?” Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice.
- Dipboye, R., L., Fritzsche, B., & Dhanani, L. (2013). Discrimination in the workplace and employee health. In C. L. Cooper & R. J. Burke (Eds.), The Fulfilling Workplace: The Organization’s Role in Achieving Individual and Organizational Health. Surrey, U.K., Gower.
- Fritzsche, B. A., & Marcus, J. (2013). The senior discount: Biases against older career changers. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43, 350-362.
- Rosen, M. A., Bedwell, W., Wildman, J., Fritzsche, B., Salas, E., & Burke, C. S. (2011). Managing adaptive performance in teams: Guiding principles and behavioral markers for measurement. Human Resource Management Review, 21, 107-122.
Nikki Monroe, ’96, credits the guidance and support she received in the UCF Psychology Department for her success in Human Resources Management. While obtaining her Bachelor’s Degree in industrial psycholo... Read more
Office hours are available by appointment only. Please contact to schedule an appointment.