Department Administrators are responsible for completing Journal Transfers that move charges from a grant to another grant, or a department to another department. Any account with a funding source of 4 and above are considered grants for this purpose, so department administrators may move charges between a research project and an overhead account. (The funding source is the fifth digit of the account number, ex. 24##-F###, where F= funding source).

If you need a journal to be done that involves moving charges from a grant (funding source 5-9) to a department account (funding source 1-3) or vice versa, please send us an email at, and provide us with as much detail as possible. We will work with you to get the journal done.