Applications can be found HERE
The College of Sciences and the Office of Research and Commercialization are offering a Research Travel Grants program for faculty in the College of Sciences to visit program officers and/or collaborators for proposals at agencies or appropriate venues. This fiscal year, up to 10 travel grants will be awarded on a rolling basis.
Applications are being accepted now for fiscal year 2019 (July 2018 – June 2019). Preference will be given to applicants who are not currently funded by the program/agency in question. Assistant Professors are particularly encouraged to apply, but the program is open to all full-time faculty.
Faculty are encouraged to develop this application along with their chair.
If your chair allocates travel funds, then COS and ORC will match up to $500 each. These awards may also be used to partially fund a mentor to travel along with a junior faculty member. If accepted, COS Research will transfer the matched amount (COS and ORC) to the department’s overhead account.
Required application documents
- A half page description of the proposed trip in terms of value to the research mission of the college and potential external funding.
- Copy of email that confirms the meeting
- Two page CV
- ORC print out of the applicant’s current funding and submitted proposals.
After returning from the trip, the faculty member must:
- Schedule a meeting with their Chair/Director and the COS Associate Dean of Research to discuss the visit.
- Type a one page document, specifying lessons learned and identifying plans to apply to specific programs related to the trip, that will be shared with other faculty.
Completed applications should be sent to COS Post-Award (firstname.lastname@example.org or CSB 201)