Travel Award application found HERE
This fiscal year (July 2018 – June 2019), College of Sciences will provide 20 match awards of $250 to support faculty who travel in order to present a research paper or comparable creative activity at a professional meeting.
This program is similar in nature to the ORC faculty travel program found here:
We encourage faculty to seek match funds from both programs. There are two differences in the programs that applicants should make note of:
- College of Sciences funds are NOT restricted to transportation costs, while ORC’s are.
- College of Sciences funds may be requested before OR after travel. ORC will only reimburse the Dept. in E&G funds AFTER travel.
- Awards are limited to tenured or tenure-earning assistant/associate professors.
- Funds for no more than one trip per fiscal year may be applied for.
- The intent of the trip must be to present a research paper or comparable creative activity at a professional meeting.
- Funding is provided for any costs associated with the trip. (Unlike the ORC program)
- You MUST obtain funds from your chair FIRST. College of Sciences will match department funds up to $250 per trip.
- If two faculty co-author a paper, only ONE will be provided funding.
- Applications may be submitted before or after travel.
- The following must be submitted along with the application:
- A 60-75 word abstract of the presentation.
- Documentation of the presentation’s acceptance (ex. a copy of the program)
- Explanation of planned trip costs (if applying before travel) or description of actual costs (if after)
Ex. Abstract “In this talk I shall present some recent results on Traveling Waves arising from both Complex Fluids System of Thermal-diffusivity and Auto-catalytic Chemical Reactions.We shall show how to establish a sharp bound of the traveling speed for existence, and stability of waves based on a novel approach we discovered in recent years. We shall also discuss how to compare our results with experiments.”
Ex. Expense Summary:
- Airfare, $270, Home<->Airport, $50, Airport<-> Hotel, $70;
- Hotel: $300= $150 X 2 nights;
- Meal Allowance: $50.