Award Amount: $10,000.00
- Interested students, please contact the Department Chair for the Application.
- Major in Natural Science or Applied Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (biomedical research students are eligible, however, pre-med are not).
- Submission Deadline is: February 25, 2019 (Noon-Eastern Standard Time)
- Be a U.S. citizen (birth certificate, U.S. passport or naturalization papers required).
- Be a Junior or Senior at the time the scholarship begins.
- Have completed two years of full-time study at the ASF-supported/nominating school.
- Maintain full-time student status during both terms of the ASF-supported academic year.
- Have conducted a considerable amount of research in their specific field.
- The nominating faculty member should complete the scholarship nomination form with assistance from the nominee.
- Two nomination letters from faculty members or research professors (one from the nominating professor at the student’s institution) including details on research achievements/endeavors.
- Students must compose and submit a short statement of personal interests, activities, hobbies and goals, not to exceed one page of 12-point type. The narrative letter supporting the nomination form should give examples of the involvement and commitment of the student to their studies beyond the formal classroom setting as shown on the transcript. Creativity is an important attribute, and should be documented.
- A current official transcript must be submitted.
- Students must submit a personal resume.