- For Sociology majors ONLY
- Students must have completed SYG 2000 or SYG 2010 and at least 9 upper-level hours in sociology.
- Students can enroll in up to 6 hours per semester and count a total of 12 hours toward the 27 hours in restricted sociology electives.
Finding an Internship
- Students find out about internship opportunities the following ways:
- When an organization contacts the department with internship opportunities, we email that information to our students.
- Students can go to the Office of Experiential Learning at UCF.
- Students can approach organizations seeking opportunities.
- Interested students should contact the Internship Coordinator at the Sociology Department –Dr. Amy Donley
- Once a student has found an internship two things need to happen:
- They must have the Contract Agreement Forms filled out by their internship supervisor at the organization and return to Dr. Amy Donley
- They must set up an appointment with Dr. Amy Donley to fill out a course registration agreement that will enroll them for course credit.
- Students receive a grade for the internship course. This grade is based on the following: completion of hours, a field journal, a final paper, and an evaluation from their internship supervisor.
Previous Participating Organizations
Federal Law Enforcement (United States Marshals Service)
Sherriff’s Office (Seminole County)
Police Departments (UCF and Ocoee)
Seminole County Probation Office
Pace Center for Girls
Coalition for the Homeless
Center for Drug Free Living
Safehouse of Seminole County
Feeding Children Everywhere