Services for Everyone
407-823-2425 (M-F, 8am-4:30pm) or 407-823-5555 (24/7, and request a victim advocate who will call back)
Christine Mouton Christine.Mouton@ucf.edu 407-823-1894
- Victim Services offers free, confidential services for anyone who may have been victimized, including free legal services and advice.
- Their services range from providing assistance and resources for everything from rape and abuse to identity theft and cyber-stalking.
https://shield.ucf.edu 24hr Advocacy or Support: 407-823-1200
UCF Shield provides a comprehensive source for information about identifying, preventing, and responding to sexual misconduct, including sexual assault and sexual harassment affecting members of the UCF community. Their services are available for both victims and those being accused.
- Anyone can report an incident of sexual misconduct. To do so, “Make a Report” via the website.
- If made aware of sexual misconduct, all UCF employees (faculty, staff, and student employees) are responsible for reporting this information to the UCF Title IX Coordinator, https://letsbeclear.ucf.edu/contact/office-of-institutional-equitytitle-ix-coordinator/
UCF Integrity Line
IntegrityLine works with a third-party system, EthicsPoint, which is designed for faculty, staff, and student to report suspected unethical, noncompliant, criminal, or inappropriate behavior, or other concern you may have but are uncomfortable approaching a supervisor or manager about the issue.
QPR – Suicide Prevention
Teresa Michael firstname.lastname@example.org Counseling & Psychological Services 407-823-2811
There is also Suicide Prevention training available through OD&T: LIF120, register through myUCF
- Question – Are you actually thinking about doing this? Any statement should be taken seriously
- Persuade – Will you let someone help you? I want to put you in touch with people who can/will help…
- Refer – Give them the Counseling Center’s information or (better yet) walk them to the Counseling Center (give the center a head’s up, if possible).
Sign-up at https://www.my.ucf.edu > Student/Employee Services > Personal Information > UCF Alert
Multimedia communication system to inform you of emergency situations including texts, emails, and sirens/speakers.
Emergency Blue Light Phones
UCF Police Community Relation 407-823-0341
These are located throughout campus, and activating one will notify the UCF Police Department of your location for an immediate response.
Knight Ride (Formerly Safe Escort Patrol Service)
After dark, call for an escort to your car or across campus.
7 p.m. – 1 a.m.: 407-823-2424
From 1am until 8 a.m.: 407-823-5555
If someone is in crisis and you need someone to help you, or the person needs help but is unwilling to seek assistance, or be escorted to services, call the UCF police (407-823-5555) and request the assistance of a Crisis Trained Officer.