- Congratulations to Muhammad Sajid for winning this year’s “Mentoring Matters” Graduate Teaching Award in Physics!
- Congratulations to Dr. Bijoya Dhar for successfully defending her PhD thesis! Good luck in your upcoming appointment at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory!
- Congratulations to Dr. Asim Khanyia for successfully defending his PhD thesis! Good luck in your upcoming appointment at Brookhaven National Laboratory!
- New Laboratory Source NAP-XPS coming to UCF thanks to team led by Dr. Kaden. https://sciences.ucf.edu/news/new-equipment-expands-testing-capacity-of-react-cluster/
- Congratulations to Bijoya Dhar on winning 3rd place at this year’s ESF conference at NASA’s Ames research center!
- Original founding members of the Kaden group reunited to participate in the 79th Physical Electronics Conference.
- Planning is underway to host the 79th Physical Electronics Conference at UCF from June 3-5. Further details can be found at www.PEC2019.com.
- Congratulations to Muhammad Sajid for being awarded the 2nd place prize in surface-science at this year’s FL-AVS poster session.
- 1st annual Kara-Kaden combined group party held at Prof. Kaden’s house on Feb 2.
- Dr. Kaden participates in UCF Space Game Outreach Event.
- Professor Kaden participates in the 2017 UCF Physics Summer Institute focused on the role of water in everyday life, and is shown here explaining the basic mechanisms of rust formation, X-ray Photoemission Spectroscopy, and how the latter can be used to study the former to a group of middle school participants.
- Kaden group among the REVEALS team of researchers collaborating across several institutions recently selected for funding to investigate radiation effects on model regolith via the NASA SSERVI program anticipated to run from 2017-2022. For updates on REVEALS activities please visit the team website at https://reveals.gatech.edu/.
- The UCF Society of Physics Students held its first meeting of the 2016-2017 Academic Year on Thursday, September 1st. Meetings will typically take place on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in PSB 160/161
- Professor Kaden explains how the ideal gas law relates to “deflategate” in the Physics of Football demonstration for elementary school children participating in STEM day 2015