Cumulative Progress Evaluations (CPEs) are required for tenure-earning faculty beginning in their second year. Tenure-earning faculty getting CPEs must submit a CPE dossier (an abbreviated version of a Promotion & Tenure file) to the unit chair/director. The dossiers must follow the format explained in the “CPE Dossier” document below.

Associate Professors considering promotion may request a CPE. Associate Professors must have at least one CPE conducted before applying for promotion to Professor. The college only requires the information outlined in the “CPE Dossier Tenured Associate Professors” document below. Departments may require other materials.

Other faculty employee classes with promotion paths, may request a CPE. Faculty from these employee classes should follow the “CPE Dossier – Tenure Earning” format as is applicable to the faculty member’s position.