Refereed Academic Journal Articles
- B.E. Moore, Exponential integrators based on discrete gradients for linearly damped-driven Poisson systems, Journal of Scientific Computing, 87(56), 2021.
- A. Bhatt and B.E. Moore, Exponential Integrators Preserving Local Conservation Laws of PDEs with Time-Dependent Damping/Driving Forces, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 352:341-351, 2019.
- B.E. Moore, Multi-Conformal-Symplectic PDEs and Discretizations, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 323:1-15, 2017.
- A. Bhatt and B.E. Moore, Structure-Preserving Exponential Runge-Kutta Methods, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 39(2):A593-A612, 2017.
- E. Lydon and B.E. Moore, Propagation Failure of Fronts in Discrete Inhomogeneous Media with a Sawtooth Nonlinearity, Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, 22(12):1930-1947, 2016.
- F. McDonald, R.I. McLachlan, B.E. Moore, and G.R.W. Quispel, Traveling Wave Solutions of Multisymplectic Discretizations of Nonlinear Wave Equations, Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, 22(7):913-940, 2016.
- A. Bhatt, D. Floyd, and B.E. Moore, Second Order Conformal Symplectic Schemes for Damped Hamiltonian Systems, Journal of Scientific Computing, 66(3):1234-1259, 2016.
- B.E. Moore and J.M. Segal, Stationary Bistable Pulses in Discrete Inhomogeneous Media, Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, 20(1):1-23, 2014.
- B.E. Moore, L. Norena, and C. Schober, Conformal Conservation Laws and Geometric Integration for Damped Hamiltonian PDEs, Journal of Computational Physics, 232(1):214-233, 2013.
- B. Solmaz, B.E. Moore, and M. Shah, Identifying Behaviors in Crowded Scenes through Stability Analysis for Dynamical Systems, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 34(10):2064-2070, 2012.
- A.R. Humphries, B.E. Moore and E.S. Van Vleck, Front Solutions for Bistable Differential-Difference Equations with Inhomogeneous Diffusion, SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 71(4):1374-1400, 2011.
- B.E. Moore, S. Ali, R. Mehran, and M. Shah, Visual Crowd Surveillance Through a Hydrodynamics Lens, Communications of the ACM, 54(12):64-73, 2011.
- B.E. Moore, Conformal Multi-Symplectic Integration Methods for Forced-Damped Semi-Linear Wave Equations, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, 80:20-28, 2009.
- J. Frank, B.E. Moore and S. Reich, Linear PDEs and Numerical Methods that Preserve a Multi-Symplectic Conservation Law, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 28:260-277, 2006.
- S. Maier-Paape, B.E. Moore, and E.S. Van Vleck, Spinodal Decomposition for Spatially Discrete Cahn-Hilliard Equations, Dynamics of Continuous Discrete and Impulsive Systems, 12:529-554, 2005.
- B.E. Moore and S. Reich, Multi-Symplectic Integration Methods for Hamiltonian PDEs, Future Generation Computer Systems, 19:395-402, 2003.
- B.E. Moore and S. Reich, Backward Error Analysis for Multi-Symplectic Integrators, Numerische Mathematik, 95:625-652, 2003.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- M.A. Dagley, M. Gill, E. Saitta, B.E. Moore, J. Chini, and X. Li, Using active learning strategies in calculus to improve student learning and influence mathematics department cultural change, Proceedings of the Interdisciplinary STEM Teaching and Learning Conference: Vol. 2 , Article 8, 2018.
- R. Mehran, B.E. Moore, and M. Shah, A Streakline Representation of Flow in Crowded Scenes, ECCV, 2010.
- S. Wu, B.E. Moore, and M. Shah, Chaotic Invariants of Lagrangian Particle Trajectories for Anomaly Detection in Crowded Scenes, CVPR, 2010.
- M. Gill, K. Philip, E. Saitta, and B.E. Moore, Changing the culture of a university math department: An ecological perspective, 2020.
- B.E. Moore, E. Saitta, M. Gill, M.A. Dagley, J.J. Chini, X. Li, Impact on a university mathematics department from a two-year professional development intervention for calculus instruction, under review, 2021.
- A Modified Equations Approach for Multi-Symplectic Integration Methods (ps.gz or pdf), Ph.D. Thesis, University of Surrey, 2003.
- Multi-Symplectic Integrators and Discrete Conservation Laws for Hamiltonian PDEs, Ph.D. Transfer Report, University of Surrey, 2000.
- Spinodal Decomposition for Spatially Discrete Cahn-Hilliard Equations, M.S. Thesis, Colorado School of Mines, 1999.