The Sharanowski lab examines the phylogenetic and evolutionary history of Hymenoptera, with a focus on parasitoids. We also develop mobile solutions for integrated pest management (IPM), and conservation through citizen science. See the research page for more details.
- Ryan Ridenbaugh returns from his second Australian fieldwork adventure. Ryan is examining tri-trophic relationships across Eadya parasitoids, paropsine beetles, and Eucalyptus trees.
- Amber Bass successfully defended her thesis in December and moved back to Canada. Congratulations Amber, we will miss you!
- See several new publications out for 2018 on the publications page.
- Davide Dal Pos joins the lab from Italy! Welcome Davide
- Miles Zhang has graduated and started a post-doc at the University of Florida. Congratulations and we will miss you Miles!
- Sharanowski Lab hosted four high school interns as part of the Orlando Science Center Catalyst program. Links to their species pages can be found here.
- Amber Bass, Miles Zhang, Davide Dal Pos, and Worapong (Beer) Atsawasiramanee attended the 9th International Congress of Hymenopterists in Matsuyama, Japan.
- Dr. Sharanowski became the 2nd woman president of the International Society of Hymenopterists at the Congress!
- New publications from Ryan Ridenbaugh, Erin Barbeau, Patrick Piekarski, Dr. Miles Zhang, Jacqueline Meyer, Leanne Peixoto, and Dr. Sharanowski. Check them out on our publications page!
- The lab gave a tour to campers from the Orlando Science Center’s Citizen Science Academy.
- Shawn, Miles and Brian helped out at the Split Oak Forest BioBlitz. Click here to view photos.
- The lab gave tours to STEM students. Click here for photos.
- Read more about our new citizen project funded by Foundation of Food and Agriculture Research!
- Ryan, Josh and Dylan presented their work during UCF’s Research Week. Click here to see pictures from the event.
- Miles successfully defended his dissertation. Congrats Dr. Zhang!
- Miles and Jacqui presented at ESA’s Southeastern Branch Meeting. Click here to read their abstracts.
- Davide was accepted into UCF’s PhD program for Fall 2018. Click here to read his bio.
- Image taken by Nash was selected as the cover for the lastest dynastine scarab beetles identification book. Click here to order your copy!
- The lab went to ESA2017. Click here to look at our schedule!
- Dylan was accepted into RAMP! Congrats!
- Josh presented at SEEC2017. Click here to read abstract.
- Nash presented at Ecology Society of America. Click here to read abstract.
- Miles attended the Molecular Evolution Workshop.
- Ryan Ridenbaugh was officially accepted into UCF’s master program for Fall 2017.
- Ryan and Miles’ photo appeared on Science.
- Lab goes to ICE! Click for photos.
- Future master student, Amber Bass, visits UCF. Click here for photo.
- Lab relocates to the University of Central Florida, Orlando.