- Interim Department Chair/Professor/Associate Dean, College of Sciences
Website: Team Performance Laboratory
Dr. Jentsch, Professor of Psychology with a joint appointment in the Department of Psychology and at the Institute for Simulation & Training (IST), is the current Associate Dean for Research and Facilities in UCF’s College of Sciences and a senior researcher at IST. He holds a Ph.D. in Human Factors Psychology in addition to degrees in Aeronautical Science and Aeronautical Engineering. Dr. Jentsch directs UCF’s Team Performance Laboratory, where he studies teams, training, and human-technology interaction. His research has been supported by over $7.5 million (his individual credit) in contracts and grants from the FAA, NSF, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Dr. Jentsch is currently PI or co-PI on projects related to human-robot interaction and teaming for the U.S. Army and on pilot training and performance for the FAA. He has published several books and co-authored over 250 articles, conference proceedings, and presentations. He served as Associate Editor of the journal Human Factors from 2007 to 2013 and has won awards such as the APA Division 21 Earl Alluisi Award for Early Career Achievement. Dr. Jentsch has regularly taught the doctoral research methods courses for all three doctoral programs in the Department of Psychology, and he has been chair or cochair of 19 completed doctoral dissertations.
- Bell, B. B., Deaton, J., Fowlkes, J. E., Bowers, C. A., Jentsch, F. G., & Bell, M. A. (2007). Enhancing team training and performance with automated performance assessment tools. International Journal of Aviation Psychology, 17(4), 317-331.
- Bowers C. A., Salas E., & Jentsch, F. (Eds.). (2006). Creating high-tech teams Practical guidance on work performance and technology. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Curtis, M. T., Harper-Sciarini, M., DiazGranados, D., Salas, E., & Jentsch, F. (2007). Utilizing multiplayer games for team training: Some guidelines. In H. F. OÕNeil & R. S. Perez (Eds.), Computer games and team and individual learning (pp. 145-165). Oxford, UK: Elsevier.
- Fiore, S. M., Rosen, M., Salas, E., Burke, S., & Jentsch, F. (2008). Processes in complex team problem solving: Parsing and defining the theoretical problem space. To appear in M. Letsky, N. Warner, S. M. Fiore, & C. Smith (Eds.), Macrocognition in teams. London: Ashgate.
- Howard, M. L., Fiore, S. M., & Jentsch, F. (2006). “Honey, did you remember to do your homework?”: Understanding everyday memory failures in children and their parents. Cognitive Technology, 11, 36-45.
The expertise of Florian Jentsch, Ph.D., associate dean of the College of Sciences at the University of Central Florida, was recently cited in an article on the Inverse web site. Jentsch, a psychology professor... Read more
The College of Sciences is pleased to announce that Florian Jentsch, Ph.D., has accepted the offer to become Associate Dean, the position that he has been holding on an interim basis. He will be responsible fo... Read more