OBJ Honors NSC Alumni
Story by Bernard Wilchusky, UCF Today
Ten UCF staff and alumni were named recently by Orlando Business Journal as among the area’s 40 top professionals under 40 years old.
Two of the alumni honored are graduates of the Nicholson School of Communication (NSC).
The NSC alumni recognized for making significant achievements in their careers include:
- Heather Fagan, deputy chief of staff for Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. She graduated from UCF in 2002 with a bachelor’s degree in advertising and public relations.
- Josh Mustachi, director of sales at Pandora Media. He graduated in 2002 with a bachelor’s degree in interpersonal communication and a minor in marketing.
Additional UCF staff and alumni honored:
- Betsey Bell, executive director of the Foundation for Foster Children, a nonprofit organization dedicated to advocacy for children in the Central Florida foster care system. She graduated with a master’s degree in clinical social work from the College of Health and Public Affairs in 2007.
- Bridget Keefe, executive director of the Downtown Orlando Partnership, a organization that seeks to enhance community relationships through collaborative events. She graduated from Rosen College of Hospitality Management with a bachelor’s degree in event management. In 2011, she received her master’s degree in public administration.
- Brandon Naids, CEO and co-founder of Talon Simulations, which produces virtual-reality motion simulators. He graduated in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. In 2014, he received his master’s degree in industrial engineering.
- Joshua Snyder, assistant director of the Center for Advanced Entrepreneurship at Rollins College’s Crummer Graduate School of Business. He graduated in 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in marketing.
- Eric Strauss, manager of corporate support for WUCF TV, Orlando’s PBS affiliate. He graduated in 2000 with a bachelor’s degree in English from Rollins College. In 2004, he earned his MBA from the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College.
- Andrew Tosh, founder and president of GameSim Inc., which provides services for game development, modeling and simulation, and art-asset development. He graduated in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Danny White, UCF’s athletic director and executive vice president of the UCF Athletics Association. Prior to joining the Knights in 2015, he served as the athletics director for the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Catriona Harris, CEO of Uproar PR. She lends her experience to upcoming public relation’s graduates at UCF, where she often visits to host classes on social media and PR.
The honorees will be celebrated at OBJ’s 2016 40 Under 40 Awards Reception on Nov. 10 at Audi North Orlando.