The department of Biology offers variety of different advising opportunities for Biology majors. The department has Faculty, Administrative, and Peer Advising available throughout the day Monday-Friday in BIO301.
** No show policy: after two no shows in the same semester, you will only be allowed to attend walk in hoursPeer advising is available during various times throughout the week. Our peer advisors are highly-trained current Biology students that can help with schedule planning and general advice on course selection. Please call our office to find out when a peer advisor is available. Transfer Advisory Peers (TAPs) are experienced biology majors who transferred to UCF. TAPs serve as an informational resource and peer mentor for new transfer students to help their transition to UCF and the Biology Department. For more information and to connect with the TAPs, join the “TAPs n TAPees” Group Me: https://groupme.com/join_group/47620258/ORGzh6
- How can I schedule an advising appointment?
- Call 407-823-2141 to schedule an advising appointment.
- How many credits can I take each semester?
- 14 credits in the Summer and 17 credits in the Fall and Spring is the maximum amount of credits students can enroll in.
- How do I know if I can earn course credit for an internship I’ve been accepted to?
- Please send firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com a brief description of the work you’ll be doing, including the date range, and hours/week. We’ll also need the name and contact information for your internship supervisor.
- What should I know about withdrawing from a class?
- A “W” will appear on your transcript for the attempt of the course in this semester, but your GPA will not be affected. There is no refund of tuition when a student opts to withdraw from a course. A withdrawal is completed on myUCF through the Student Self Service Center.If you are receiving financial aid, you should review the Office of Student Financial Assistance website at https://finaid.ucf.edu/general-info/withdrawals/ to see how your aid will be affected. If you have any questions on your aid, please contact Financial Aid at (407) 823-2827 or FINAID@UCF.EDU.
- I’m receiving a pre-requisite error for BSC 2010C and/or STA 2023, but I have the pre-requisites. What is happening?
- You are most likely attempting to register for a section that takes place at the UCF Downtown campus. Only students whose major and/or minor is located at UCF Downtown (not Biology) are permitted to register for these courses. We suggest choosing “Main Campus (Orlando)” when searching for classes to avoid this.
- I’m receiving a pre-requisite error for a College of Sciences class, but I am taking/took the pre-requisites at a different institution and my transcripts haven’t been received yet. What can I do?
- You can request an online override here: https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebd7M1iWAOittop by attaching proof that you are currently enrolled in or have already completed the pre-requisites.