Current Available Positions
Federal Work Study Peer Advisor/Student Assistant
The UCF Biology Department is currently hiring a Federal Work Study Peer Advisor/Student Assistant for the Fall 2021 semester at the UCF Main Campus. This is a 10-15 hour/week position, in person reporting to the Academic Advisor in the Biology Department. The pay for this position is $10.75/hour. The job description is as follows:
The student assistant and peer advisor in the Department of Biology advising office provides general clerical support to administrative staff and faculty as well as advising undergraduate students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet and provide assistance to visitors, students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Assist with advising appointment scheduling.
- Answer and screen telephone calls.
- Assist with general questions to include referral to other campus student services.
- Respond to inquiries from faculty and staff.
- File, photocopy, and shred sensitive files.
- Print and prepare departmental exams.
- Distribute incoming mail
- Advise undergraduate students on Biology major requirements
- Other general office duties as assigned.
The qualifications for this position are a 3.0 UCF GPA, a 3.0 Major GPA, and estimated graduation of Fall 2022 or later.
To apply, please email Jenna.Schmidt@ucf.edu with the information below:
Copy of Federal Work Study award for Fall 2021
PDF copy of degree audit
Weekly Schedule Format View of your Fall 2021 class schedule
Available start date for Fall 2021
Your email will not be reviewed if you do not meet these requirements or include all of the requested information.