General MALL Policies
- Food/drinks are not allowed; water in bottled containers with cap are allowed.
- The recommended calculator to be used in the MALL is TI-30XA; no graphing calculators are allowed
- No skateboards or any other transportation devices are allowed in the MALL, please use the skateboard rack located at the main entrance of the building
- Students must use the MALL computers. No other laptops or personal devices are allowed.
- Only students currently enrolled in Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry and Precalculus are permitted and encouraged to use the MALL. Additional students may use the Math Success Center in MSB 113.
- Students have to have their valid UCF ID card available when signing in and out of the MALL.
- While in the MALL, students are expected to be actively working on the appropriate coursework.
- Acceptable activities include working on homework, quizzes, practice tests, virtual assignments, test scheduling, and watching course related multimedia content.
- In case of a medical emergency, first responders will be notified.
General MALL Procedures for Open Lab Hours
- How to record time in the MALL
- Bring paper and a writing utensil.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring your math notebook with you to the MALL, do all of your work in it in an orderly manner, and refer back to this work whenever necessary. The more work you’re able to show a learning assistant, the better.
- To request help, click the red and white life preserver in the upper right corner of the monitor’s screen. Type in your course name (e.g. “trig” or “precalc”) and a suitable learning assistant or instructor will come to your computer.
- The MALL and its computers are electronically monitored and recorded by numerous video cameras. Any and all perceived incidents of student misconduct may be reported to the Student Conduct Board for appropriate action. Students will be held accountable for UCF’s Golden Rule and all applicable University policies.
- Lockers are available for $.50 in the MSB vending machine room on the 1st floor (MSB 131) and MSB 227 for storage of your personal belongings during testing. A change machine is installed in MSB 131.
Lost and Found
Any personal items found by the staff will be placed at the front desk of the Mathematics Assistance and Learning Lab and they will be turned to the Police Department at the end of the the semester. It is recommended that students do not bring valuables into the Mathematics Assistance and Learning Lab. The Mathematics Assistance and Learning Lab is not responsible for lost personal items or data.