Deadline for Submission: December 2, 2022
The Latin American/Latinx Film Festival will concurrently hold a student video competition. The competition is designed to showcase the experience of the Latin American and/or Latinx community. Topics can include short oral histories, issues of social justice, gender, race, identity, memory, or fiction. The chosen finalists will be presented in a virtual screening on December 9, 2022.
- This video competition is open to UCF students of any major enrolled in UCF in the 2022 Calendar. Students who graduated in the Spring/Summer 2022 terms are eligible as long as the video was created within the last 6 months.
- Video entries should be 3 to 10 minutes in length and should have a focus on the Latin American/Latinx experience. We will accept creative narratives or documentaries.
- Entries may be in a language other than English but must contain English subtitles if the dialogue is not in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible
- Video entries must be submitted in a digital format by December 2, 2022 to be considered and accepted into the festival. Password-protected files or files that cannot be opened by the judges will not be considered. “ACCEPTANCE” only means that your video will be reviewed by the judges and considered as part of the competition.
- You will be notified if your submission is accepted into LALAX (Latin American/Latinx) Film Festival Student Video Competition, approximately one week after the deadline. Once chosen as a finalist, your film with be posted in our official website.
- Applicant confirms and warrants their legal authority to submit the film or photos and/or works, etc. in the entry and other materials to the LALAX Film Festival Student Video Competition.