Advising will be remote for the remainder of 2020. To schedule a phone advising appointment, please call (407) 823-2141. If there is no answer, please email your name, Knights email address, UCFID, and a copy of your degree audit in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a specific phone number to call at the time of your appointment.
If you are not able to enroll or place yourself on a waitlist for a class, please see below for the possible reasons and how to proceed:
- Missing pre-requisites: You have not completed the pre-requisites or transcripts from a previous or transient institution have not been processed by UCF.
- If you have the instructor’s consent to take the course without the pre-requisite, please email the “information needed for an override” below to Jenna.Schmidt@ucf.edu along with email proof from the professor.
- If you have proof that you have completed, are currently completing, or planning to complete the pre-requisite at a different institution, please use the online override system here: https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebd7M1iWAOittop. NOTE that for Q15 you will need to upload proof of pre-requisites. You can provide a screenshot, word doc, or pdf of unofficial transcripts, degree audit, etc.
- You believe you have the pre-requisites and they’re appearing on your myUCF system, but you are enrolled in a major that does not require the class you are attempting to register for or it is a restricted elective for your major.
- If the class is not required for your major – send the “information needed for an override” below to Jenna.Schmidt@ucf.edu on the Friday before the class begins. These classes are reserved for students who require it for their major. This is regardless of whether the course is a pre-requisite for any graduate or professional school plans.
- If the class is a restricted elective for your major, please email the “information needed for an override” below to Jenna.Schmidt@ucf.edu for the Summer 2020 semester now. For the Fall 2020 semester, send this information by July 23.
- Time conflict: The class you are trying to enroll in is overlapping with another course. You’ll need to obtain consent from both instructors of the classes that overlap, and email them to Jenna.Schmidt@ucf.edu with the “information needed for an override” below.
- Term unit load: You’d like to register for more than 14 credits during the Summer or more than 17 credits for the Fall or Spring. You’ll need to email Jenna.Schmidt@ucf.edu with the “information needed for an override” below only if you are a Biology major and your UCF and Major GPAs are at least 3.0.
Information needed for an override:
- Last name, First name
- UCF ID
- Major and Knights email address
- Phone number
- The semester and year you would like to be enrolled in the course (ex. Fall 2020)
- Name of course you would like to take AND the following information. NOTE: Please choose an open or waitlisted section if available. If you choose a waitlisted section the override will simply place you on the waitlist for the course. If the section is closed the form will not be able to be processed at all. You cannot be added to closed sections.
- Course code
- Section number (i.e. 0001 or 0M04)
- Class number (This is a five-digit number. You can find it on the far left, before section number, when searching for classes on myUCF)
- Is there a lab associated with the course? If yes, please include the following information as well.
- Lab section number
- Lab class number
- NOTE: please choose an open lab section if available. If you choose a waitlisted section the override will place you on the waitlist for BOTH the lecture and lab. If the section is closed the form will not be processed at all. This override will not add you to closed sections.
These are unprecedented circumstances and we appreciate your patience as we make all necessary services available.