All Social Science majors are required to complete both the Social Sciences Exit Exam and Exit Survey in order to fulfill graduation requirements for the B.S. program. The exit exam and survey are part of the department’s requirement to collect information for program assessments.
Communications will be sent approximately one month before the end of the semester to student’s Knights email accounts that have filed an Intent to Graduate.
About the exam and survey:
- The exam is computerized and administered through Qualtrics. The link to the survey will be sent via Knights email. The survey is on paper and will also be sent to the students’ Knights email.
- You must complete the exam & survey during the semester of your graduation, not before.
- The exam is open for approximately two weeks for completion. Failure to complete the exam during that time will prevent graduation.
- The exam is meant to be a general assessment of how much information students have retained from all years of study. The survey is meant to provide information regarding the students’ experience in the department and future career plans.
- The exam will not affect your grades and a minimum score is not required. Students must simply complete the exam.
- The department will report the completion to COSAS at the end of the semester.
Important: Both the exit exam and survey are requirements of graduation. Failure to complete both will prevent student from graduating.