Gaining research experience is needed if you plan on continuing your education in social sciences or a closely related field.  If you’re a long distance from the campus, you will have to get creative on how you gain this experience. Contact faculty members to ask about helping them as a Research Assistant at a distance, or contact local universities, organizations, and companies that are doing research about working with them, or find out about other opportunities at UCF Office of Undergraduate Research.

Honors in the Major

Social Sciences majors can benefit from UCF’s HIM program. This program is designed to allow our best students to conduct original research in their major field(s).

You may sign up for HIM research in any of the minors you have chosen.

For more information about HIM, go here.


Currently, internships are available to Social Sciences majors. Check with Social Sciences advisor for details.