Big Data Analytics Symposium
Date: February 26, 2020
Time: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. – all are welcome to attend individual sessions or the entire day
Location: Student Union Pegasus Ballroom
- 8:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Presentations by Microsoft Research Fellows
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Keynote Address: Teddy Benson, Disney’s Decision Science and Integration
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch (open to all) provided by Addition Financial, Customer Churn Analytics Competition winners announced
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Alumni Panel – learn how our alumni transitioned into big data careers
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Networking and Reception – talk to corporations regarding internships and careers
Teddy H. Benson
Director of Data Integration, Disney’s Decision Science and Integration
Teddy Benson, at the age of 12, attended his first college level computer course on operating systems. At 14, worked in the programming department of the Lackland AFB Medical Center. Graduating from FSU, started with IBM as a multimedia/VRU developer. After three years, joined CEN as lead developer, designing secure credit card software for e-commerce. Two years later, moved to Siemens where he developed real-time conferencing software. Recruited by Lockheed-Martin’s e-commerce integration group to design e-commerce solutions. Three years later, founded Channel Intelligence (CI), developing a technology that connects shoppers with retailers through their brand website and digital advertising media. In 2012, Google purchased CI. In 2015, Mr. Benson joined Disney’s RMA (Revenue Management and Analytics).
Benson has a MS in Computer Science, minors in Mathematics & Electronics. He holds patents in fields of computing & computing methodologies; has written technical articles, spoken on computer security & computer forensics, and recognized as an expert witness in federal courts of Florida. He is runner, Star Wars fan, tinkerer, poker player, & amateur magician.