Dr. Nickerson is currently the Associate Chair, Professor and Undergraduate Advisor in the Department of Statistics & Data Science at UCF. He received a B.S. in Mathematics from UCF and a M.Stat. and Ph.D. from the Department of Statistics at UF. Before joining UCF in 1990 he was an Assistant Research Scientist at UF and an Assistant/Associate Professor at the University of Georgia. He has over 32 years experience as a teacher and researcher in applied and theoretical statistics and has numerous refereed papers in both mainstream statistics journals and in journals related to biology and medicine. He was the Biostatistician on an NINR grant studying intervention programs in middle school children, and a Co-I/Co-PI on grants from NIAMS/NIH and DOD studying gene therapy for arthritis.
Counting by weighing and its effect on comparing seed germination rates. Geographic variation in the diet of lynx.
- Smith, A.D., Morton, A.J., Winter, M.D., Colahan, P.T. Ghivizzani, S., Brown, M.P., Hernandez, J.A. and Nickerson, D.M. (2016). Magnetic resonance imagining scoring of an experimental model of post-traumatic osteoarthritis in the equine carpus, Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, 57: 502-514. 2.
- Weiler, A., Von Holle, B. and Nickerson, D. (2013). Reducing biotic and abiotic landuse legacies to restore invaded, abandoned citrus groves. Restoration Ecology 21: 755- 762. 3.
- Watson, R.S., Broome, T.A., Levings, P.P., Rice, B.L., Kay, J.D., Smith, A.D., Gouze, E., Gouze, J-N, Dacanay, A., Hauswirth, W.W., Nickerson, D.M., Dark, M.J., Colahan, P.T. and Ghivizzani, S.C. (2013). scAAV-Mediated gene transfer of interleukin 1- receptor antagonist to synovium and articular cartilage in large mammalian joints. Gene Therapy 20: 670-677. 4.
- Norris, A.E., Hughes, C., Hecht, M.L., Peragallo, N.P. and Nickerson, D. (2013). Randomized trial of a peer resistance skill-building game for Hispanic early adolescent girls. Nursing Research 62: 25-35.
- STA 4130 – Life Contingencies I
- STA 4133 – Loss Models I