Dr. Hsin-Hsiung Huang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics at University of Central Florida (UCF). Dr. Huang received his Ph.D. in Statistics from the University of Illinois at Chicago and two MS degrees from the Georgia Institute of Technology and National Taiwan University as well as BA and BS from National Taiwan University. His scholarly interests and expertise include clustering, classification, dimension reduction, and Bioinformatics. His research addresses challenges in analyzing big data in bioinformatics and cybersecurity by developing and evaluating new statistical methods. Examples of his research projects include classifying multiple-segmented viruses, discovering the association of biomarkers and hypertension, as well as business intelligence classification.
Variable Selection, Multiple Comparisons, Cluster Process, Robust Dimension Reduction, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, and Computational Biology
- Huang H-H, Ensemble method of k-mer and natural vector for the phylogenetic analysis
of multiple-segmented viruses, submitted under review, 2014.
- Lu A T-H, Austin E, Bonner A, Huang H-H, and Cantor RM,
Applications of Machine Learning and Data Mining Methods to Detect Associations
of Rare and Common Variants with Complex Traits, Genetic Epidemiology, 38(S1),
- Zheng H, Yau S-C, Mao W, Yu C, Huang HH, He RL, Yang J, Yau SS-T.
Virus Database and Online Inquiry System Based on Natural Vector. On going
- Huang HH and J Yang.
Wishart-Dirichlet Process Cluster Analysis. On going
- Rashan A, Angelos P, Valika T, Aliaga GE, Huang HH, Nagy KL and Toriumi DM.
Rib Grafting for Rhinoplasty: The Impact of Age and Calcication on Costal Cartilage
Warping. Accepted by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery proceedings, 2014
- Huang HH, Yu C, Hernandez T, Zheng H, Yau S-C, He RL, Yang J, Yau SS-T.
Global Comparison of Multiple-segmented Viruses in 12-dimensional Genome Space.
Accepted by Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 2014
- Huang HH, Xu T and Yang J.
Comparing logistic regression, support vector machines, and permanental classication
methods in predicting hypertension. BMC Proceedings, 8(Suppl 1):S96, 2014.
- Yu C, Hernandez T, Zheng H, Yau S-C, Huang H-H, He RL, Yang J, Yau SS-T.
Real time classication of viruses in 12 dimensions, PLoS ONE 6(3): e17293.
- Huang H-H and Yeh Y-R.
Iterative Algorithm for Robust Kernel Principal Component Analysis, Neurocomputing, volume 74, number 18, pages 3921-3930, 2011.
- Huang H-H, Hsiao CK, and Huang S-Y.
Statistics: Non-linear Regression. International Encyclopedia of Education, 3rd Edition, Elsevier, 2009.
- Chen Hand Huang H-H.
Operating Characteristics of Cp-Lasso on Variables Selection in Linear Regression with Orthonormal Regressors. Academia Sinica technical report, 2009.
- STA 4173 – Biostatistical Methods
- STA 7734 – Stat Asymptotic Theory in Big Data