In Dr. Hampton’s research group the chemical signature of emotions is being elucidated. This chemical signature is applied to tracking the progression of students through the learning process, medical diagnostics, patient care, and also human-animal communication. In another project, cleaner and more efficient methods for production of biodiesel directly from rapeseeds are being investigated. Additionally, the environment of St. Kitts and Nevis is under study in an effort to identify the sources and mitigate a number of issues currently existing and also to achieve sustainable tourism.
- B. P. Pearman, N. Mohajeri, R. P. Brooker, M. P. Rodgers, D. K. Slattery, M. D. Hampton, D. A. Cullen, and S. Seal, The Chemical Bebavior and Degradation Mitigation Effect of Cerium Oxide
Nanoparticals in Perfluorosulfonic Acid Polymer Electrolyte Membranes Polymer Degradation and Stability. Polymer Degradation and Stability, Accepted 5-27-13.
- B. P. Pearman, N. Mohajeri, R. P. Brooker, M. P. Rodgers, D. K. Slattery, M. D. Hampton, D. A. Cullen, and S. Seal, The Degradation Mitigation Effect of Cerium Oxide in Polymer Electrolyte Membranes in Extended Fuel Cell Durability Tests. J. Power Sources, 75-83 (2013).
- J. L. Coutts, C. L. Geiger, C. A Clausen, M. D. Hampton, “The Use of Mechanical Alloying for the Preparation of Palladized Magnesium Bimetallic Particles for the Remediation of PCB’s”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 192,1380, 2011.
- M. T. Oztek, M. D. Hampton, D. K. Slattery, and S. Loucks, “Hydrogen Storage with Hetero Porphyrin Aggregates”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36, 6705 (2011).
- M. T. Oztek, M. D. Hampton, D. K. Slattery, S. Loucks, “Properties of Aggregates of Anionic-Cationic Porphyrins: TCPP and TAP”, from Preprints of Symposia – American Chemical Society,
Division of Fuel Chemistry (2007), 52(1), 102-103.
- “Heavy Metal Remediation of Soil and Sediments by Application of Emulsified Liquid Membrane Technology”, Debbie B. Maxwell Robert W. DeVor, Kristen M. Milum, Brian Aitken, Rachel
Calabro, Michael D. Hampton, Cherie L. Geiger, Christian A. Clausen, Jacqueline Quinn, accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on
Remediation of Contaminated Sediments, Savannah, GA, Jan. 22-25, 2007.
- M. D. Hampton, D. K. Slattery, M. T. Oztek, “Alloys for Hydrogen Separation, Recovery and Purification”, Int. Sci. J. Alternative Energy and Ecology, 4(48), 46 (2007).
- D. Cauceglia, M. D. Hampton, J. K. Lomness, D. K. Slattery, and M. Resan, “Hydrogen Uptake Characteristics of Mechanically Alloyed Ti-V-Ni”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 417, 159
- Mirna Resan, Michael D. Hampton, Janice K. Lomness, and and Darlene K. Slattery, “Effect of TixAly Catalysts on Hydrogen Storage Properties of LiAlH4 and NaAlH4”, International Journal of
Hydrogen Energy, 30, 1417 (2005).
- M. Resan, M. D. Hampton, J. K. Lomness, and D. K. Slattery, “The Effects of Various Catalysts on Hydrogen Release and Uptake Properties of LiAlH4”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 30, 1413 (2005).