Areas of Research
Research in Dr. Jurca’s lab focuses on the use of synthetic inorganic chemistry in service of catalytic organic transformations, and thin film materials chemistry. At their core, both of these divergent research areas rely on continued development of new inorganic species as both catalysts, and as chemical precursors for film growth. Catalytic research focuses on development of novel main-group metal based species capable of mediating reactions typically promoted by more toxic, and often significantly more expensive late transition-metal catalysts. Thin film research centers on the development of inorganic small molecule precursors for Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) growth of metal oxides and transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs).
- W.-C. Chen, W.-C. Shih, T. Jurca, L. Zhao, D. M. Andrada, C.-J. Peng, C.-C. Chang, S.-K. Liu, Y.-P. Wang, Y.-S. Wen, G. P. A. Yap, C.-P. Hsu, G. Frenking, T.-Gan Ong, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 12830.
- T. Jurca, M. J. Moody, A. Henning, B. Wang, J. D. Emery, J. M. Tan, T. L. Lohr, L. J. Lauhon, T. J. Marks, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 4991.
- W.-C. Chen, J.-S. Shen, T. Jurca, C.-J. Peng, Y.-H. Lin, Y.-P. Wang, W.-C. Shih, G. P. A. Yap, T.-G. Ong. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 15207.
- C. Marquardt, T. Jurca, K.-Ch. Schwan, A. Stauber, A. V. Virovets, A. Y. Timoshkin, G. R. Whittell, I. Manners, M. Scheer, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 13782.
- A. Schäfer, T. Jurca, J. Turner, J. R. Vance, K. Lee, V. A. Du, M. F. Haddow, G. R. Whittell, I. Manners, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 4836.
- E. M. Leitao, T. Jurca, I. Manners, Nat. Chem., 2013, 5, 817.
- A. P. M. Robertson, E. M. Leitao, T. Jurca, M. F. Haddow, H. Helten, G. C. Lloyd-Jones, I. Manners, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 12670.
- T. Jurca, A. Farghal, P. H. Lin, I. Korobkov, M. Murugesu, D. S. Richeson, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 15814.
- T. Jurca, J. Lummiss, T. J. Burchell, S. I. Gorelsky, D. S. Richeson, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 4608.
- P. A. Chase, G. C. Welch, T. Jurca, D.W. Stephan, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.. 2007, 46, 8050.