Summer 2020 ICCAE Scholarship Opportunity
The Central Florida Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence (ICCAE) is offering at least 20 scholarships (of up to $2000 per scholarship) to undergraduate students at UCF and Seminole State college who are interested in pursuing careers in intelligence. Applications must be emailed to ICCAE@ucf.edu by 11:59 PM on 5 June 2020.
The scholarship is open to students from many different fields and courses of study, but the student’s course work should reflect material that will enhance his or her knowledge and skills in areas that are beneficial to a career in intelligence. For a list of degrees and skills that are in critical need for the intelligence community please visit http://www.intelligencecareers.gov/. The Central Florida ICCAE program is funded by the US intelligence community; while housed in UCF’s School of Politics, Security, and Global Affairs, it serves students at both UCF and Seminole State College. The mission of the CF-ICCAE is to help prepare UCF and SSC students for future employment in the US intelligence community.
Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in ICCAE programing during the 2020-21 academic year by attending events and meeting with recruiters; they are also expected to apply for internships/employment with the US intelligence community during the 20-21 academic year.
Note that this scholarship program is a one-time opportunity, replacing the ICCAE’s normal internship and study abroad support programs (which have been strongly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic).
• Be an undergraduate degree-seeking student in good standing at UCF or SSC during Summer 2020
• Demonstrate that they are engaging in course work that is relevant to a future career in intelligence
• Be a U.S. citizen (US citizenship is required for employment in the US intelligence community)
• If a UCF student: be a member of the ICCAE webcourses; if not already a member, students may join by contacting ICCAEadvisor@ucf.edu
• If a SSC student: join the Handshake page; if you need assistance in doing so, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must provide the following:
• A completed application, including personal statement
• A resume or C.V.
• A current degree audit (for UCF students) or equivalent (for SSC students)