Current Teaching (Previous)
In Fall 2022, I will teach two mathematical modeling courses: one focusing on biological processes and the other on data.
- MAP 4191: Mathematical Modeling of Data (MW 3:30pm-4:50pm in MSB 109)
- MAP 4484: Mathematical Biology (TR 4:00pm-5:20pm in MSB 407)
- Nonlinear differential equations and dynamical systems
- Mathematical modeling of infectious diseases
- Mathematical ecology and epidemiology
Selected Publications (More)
- Disease invasion on community networks with environmental pathogen movement (with J.H. Tien, M.C. Eisenberg, and P. van den Driessche).
Journal of Mathematical Biology, 70 (2015) 1065-1092. PDF
- Walks and cycles on a digraph with application to population dynamics (with J.W. Moon and P. van den Driessche).
Linear Algebra and its Applications, 451 (2014) 182-196. PDF
- Global stability of infectious disease models using Lyapunov functions (with P. van den Driessche).
SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 73 (2013) 1513-1532. PDF
- Cholera models with hyperinfectivity and temporary immunity (with J.H. Tien and P. van den Driessche).
Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 74 (2012) 2423-2445. PDF
- Global dynamics of cholera models with differential infectivity (with P. van den Driessche).
Mathematical Biosciences, 234 (2011) 118-126. PDF
- Global-stability problem for coupled systems of differential equations on networks (with M.Y. Li).
Journal of Differential Equations, 248 (2010) 1-20. PDF
Events at UCF (Other/More)
- High School Math Summer Institute
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in ACM
- Mathematical Biology Seminar (and other Math Seminars)
- UCF MCM/ICM Team Website
- Central Florida Math Circle
- Workshop on Differential Equations & Applications, February 20, 2018
- Frontiers of Mathematical Biology: Modeling, Computation and Analysis, May 2-4, 2018
- Mathematics in the City Beautiful: PDEs, SDEs, Control Theory, and Applications to Finance and Life Sciences, December 14-16, 2018
- CBMS Conference: Interface of Mathematical Biology and Linear Algebra, May 23-27, 2022