October 31, 2019

COSAS Graduation: Bachelor’s Degree Requirements

To Earn a Bachelor’s Degree from UCF within the College of Sciences, Students Must:

  • Fulfill the requirements for the chosen major
  • Earn a minimum of 120 unduplicated credit hours with at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA) for all UCF course work attempted. Some majors require more than 120 hours
  • Earn at least 42 of these 120 credit hours in 3000-level courses or above (upper-division)
  • Earn a minimum of 30 of their last 39 hours in regular courses at UCF. Credit by Examination may not be used to satisfy this requirement
  • Earn a minimum of 25% of the total hours required for the degree in residence at UCF. For programs that require the minimum of 120 total hours, residency will be 30 hours. For programs that exceed 120 hours, the specific residency requirement increases proportionally and is listed with the requirements for the specific degree program
  • Apply no more than 45 credit hours in any combination of extension, correspondence, CLEP, University Credit by Examination and Armed Forces credits toward an undergraduate degree
  • Fulfill the General Education Program requirements
  • Fulfill the Gordon Rule requirements
  • Fulfill the Foreign Language requirements as defined elsewhere in this section
  • Earn a minimum of nine credit hours during Summer terms, if applicable.

The above is for planning purposes only. and is based on the most recent catalog dataSee your catalog year for specific information concerning these and other degree requirements. Final confirmation of all requirements is subject to department, college, and university review and will only take place at the end of the term of intended graduation.

Double Majors

  • Per the Undergraduate Student Catalog, A student may earn one degree, with two majors, by completing all the requirements for both majors.
  • If either major leads to a BA degree, these requirements include the BA Foreign Language Proficiency requirement.
  • Students earning a double major must use the same Catalog year for both majors.
  • Both majors will be indicated on the diploma.