Graduation and You:
It is never too early to start planning your graduation. However, in order to graduate with your degree there are many dates, deadlines, and requirements you must meet in order to attend commencement and receive your Bachelors Degree.
This section contains information on general graduation requirements as well as detailing the Intent to Graduate process with dates for each semester. Keep in mind that the graduation requirements for the College of Sciences often vary from other colleges at UCF, so should you be double majoring or planning on changing majors beyond the College of Sciences you will want to check with your new college to see what graduation requirements will apply to you.
If you have questions concerning graduation, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
COSAS: Graduation: Bachelor’s Degree Requirements
To Earn a Bachelor’s Degree from UCF within the College of Sciences, Students Must:
- Fulfill the requirements for the chosen major
- Earn a minimum of 120 unduplicated credit hours with at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA)for all UCF coursework attempted. Some majors require more than 120 hours
- Earn at least 48 of those 120 credit hours in 3000-level courses or above (upper-division);
- Earn a minimum or 30 of their last 39 hours in regular courses at UCF. Credit by examination may not be used to satisfy this requirement
- Earn a minimum of 25% of the total hours required for the degree in residence at UCF. For programs that require the minimum of 120 total hours, the specific residency requirement increases proportionally and is listed with the requirements for the specific degree program
- Earn a minimum of 60 credit hours after CLEP credit has been awarded
- Apply no more than 45 credit hours in any combination of extension, correspondence, CLEP, University Credit by Examination and Armed Forces credits toward an undergraduate degree
- Fulfill the General Education Program requirements
- Fulfill the Gordon Rule requirements
- Fulfill the Foreign Language requirements as defined by your degree program
- Earn a minimum of nine credit hours during Summer terms, if applicable
- NOT attend another institution (be transient) in their graduating semester
- Complete the Graduating Student Surveys
Remember: This is for planning purposes only.
See your catalog for specific information concerning these and other degree requirements. Final confirmation of all requirements is subject to department, college, and university review and will only take place at the end of the term of intended graduation.
|Graduation Information||Everything you need to know about commencement|
|University Registrar||For useful information such as commencement, exam dates, and forms|
|UCF Graduate Studies||For registration, policy information, on-line orientation and a myriad of useful subjects|
|UCF Graduate Catalog||For official class and policy information|
|COS Graduate Services||Advises graduate students in the College of Sciences|
Filing for Graduation
Before Filing your Intent to Graduate:
Verify that your personal and academic information in your myUCF portal is current, and update it if needed.
- Majors, double majors & double degrees Make sure that all of your correct majors appear in your myUCF page. If there are any errors, you will need to contact COSAS@ucf.edu or your Regional Campus office to add/drop any degree programs.
- Minors and certificates Make sure that all of your correct minors and certificates appear in your myUCF page. If there are any errors, you will need to contact COSAS@ucf.edu to add/drop any degree programs.
- Address & phone number You must update your correct mailing address and preferred phone number in myUCF and save the changes.
- Email address Your Knights email is perhaps the most important piece of information to check because this is how COSAS will be communicating with your about the intent to graduate process. You must check your Knights email address frequently as COSAS will be emailing you periodically about the status of your Intent to Graduate form.
Meet with your major advisor (and minor/certificate advisor if applicable) for a final check of your degree audit to make sure you will meet the major/minor/certificate requirements. You may be required to do so before your Intent is approved. Be sure you have planned your final term schedule before attempting to file your Intent to Graduate. You do not need to be registered for your final term courses before your Graduation Review Appointment, but it is strongly recommended to do so.
You cannot be enrolled at another institution during your graduating term.
How to File Your Intent to Graduate
Step One: File your online Intent to Graduate:
- File your Intent to Graduate form online through your my.ucf.edu. You can access the Intent to Graduate form by going into your myUCF portal, selecting the Student Self Service link, and then selecting the “other academic…” drop down box, and clicking on Intent to Graduate: Apply.
- Please be sure to complete the entire Intent to Graduate process.
- Be sure to allow 20-30 minutes to fill out the Intent to Graduate form and the UCF Graduating Senior surveys.
Step Two: File your COSAS Grad Form/ Questionnaire:
- After you have filed your intent to graduate through your myUCF portal you must file the COSAS grad form.
- You can find the grad form at gradform.cos.ucf.edu
- Be sure to have a current copy of your degree audit to reference.
- These questions are geared to help you see any areas that need to be addressed.
A Few Reminders to Help Your Graduate on Time
*** You MAY NOT be transient (take courses at another institution) or CLEP during your final, graduating term. Please plan accordingly.
*** You MUST report all credit you have attempted or earned prior to completing your baccalaureate degree. If you have attempted or earned credit from another institution that does not yet appear in your UCF record, be sure you have requested all transcripts be sent to the UCF Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.
If you have questions, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com