November 5, 2019

Transferring Credits

Getting credits earned at an out-of-state institution, in-state institution, or community college applied to your University of Central Florida transcript and degree program can be a confusing process if you are not familiar with the UCF campus and basic policies. However, there are steps you can take to make the process flow as smoothly as possible.

Credits are sometimes not applied to an intended requirement. In the following steps, you will see who to contact, what form to fill out, and what information you will need from your transfer institution.  Some credits will be transferred automatically, while others may require an evaluation.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact COSAS by emailing

Some of your credits may need to be evaluated to determine if you have courses that may satisfy the General Education Program (GEP), Common Program Prerequisites and/or Major Requirements. If you are transferring from a Florida public institution, courses that follow common course numbering (the same prefix and last three numbers) are accepted automatically and will not need further evaluation. Some courses from out-of-state or private institutions may have to be independently evaluated for equivalency. If you think additional course work should be considered for evaluation, please follow the procedures for each requirement area as outlined below:

  • General Education Program

    To have a course evaluated for General Education equivalency, please complete the online Transfer Credit Request form on the Academic Services website ( You will need to provide the transfer course prefix & number, the UCF course prefix and number, and the weblink to the transfer course description from your previous institution’s online catalog. For any questions, please contact Academic Services (Millican Hall 210, 407-823-2691).

  • Common Program Prerequisites (those courses common to all students in your major) and Major Requirements

    To have a course evaluated for common program prerequisites and/or major requirement equivalency you will need to get the course evaluated by the college that owns the course. For all courses done through the College of Sciences you will need to submit an evaluation request using the online College of Sciences Course Evaluation system.

Notes: Each college operates their evaluation process differently, be sure to contact the college of the major if you have questions about how to evaluate your courses. For the College of Sciences please contact