Dr. Tetard received her PhD in Physics from University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, in 2010. She spent two years (2011-2013) as Eugene P. Wigner Fellow and Research Staff in Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, before joining UCF in 2013 where she is an Assistant Professor and currently the Department Associate Chair.
Current systems of interest: 2D materials, nanoarchitectured materials and devices, biomaterials, nanoparticle-cell interactions.
Selected Journal Publications
- B. Duong, H. Khurshid, P. Gangopadhyay, J. Devkota, K. Stojak, H. Srikanth, L. Tetard, R. A. Norwood, N. Peyghambarian, M. Phan and J. Thomas, Enhanced Magnetism in Highly Ordered Magnetite Nanoparticle-Filled Nanohole Arrays, Small, DOI: 10.1002/smll.201303809 (2014), selected for cover page
- M. Ewald, L. Tetard, C. Elie-Caille, L. Nicod, A. Passian, E. Bourillot, E. Lesniewska, From surface to intracellular non-invasive nanoscale study of living cells impairments, Nanotechnology, NANO-102429.R1 in press (2014)
- A. Lereu, R. H. Farahi, L. Tetard, S. Enoch, T. Thundat, A. Passian. Plasmon assisted thermal modulation in nanoparticles. Optics Express, 21 (10), 12145-12158, 2013.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Voy, T. Thundat. Applications of Subsurface Microscopy, Nanotoxicity, in Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 926, 2012.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, S. Jung, A. J. Ragauskas, B. H. Davison. Development of New Methods in Scanning Probe Microscopy for Lignocellulosic Biomass Characterization, Industrial Biotechnology, 8, 1, 2012.
- R. H. Farahi, A. Passian, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Critical issues in sensor science to aid food and water safety, ACS Nano, 6, 4548, 2012.
- R. H. Farahi, A. Passian, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Pump-probe photothermal spectroscopy using quantum cascade lasers, Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 45, 125101, 2012.
- A. Lereu, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, L. Abel-Tiberini, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Spectroscopy and imaging of arrays of nanorods toward nanopolarimetry, Nanotechnology , 23, 045701, 2012.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, S. Eslami, N. Jalili, R. H. Farahi, T. Thundat. Virtual resonance and frequency difference generation by van der Waals interaction, Physics Review Letters, 106, 180801, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, T. Thundat. Optomechanical spectroscopy with broadband interferometric and quantum cascade laser sources, Optics Letters, 36, 3251-3253, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Optical and plasmonic spectroscopy with cantilever shaped materials, Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 44, 445102, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, S. Jung, A. J. Ragauskas, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Nanometrology of delignified Populus using mode synthesizing atomic force microscopy, Nanotechnology, 22, 465702, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, T. Thundat. New modes for subsurface atomic force microscopy through nanomechanical coupling, Nature Nanotechnology, 5, 105-109, 2010.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, T. Thundat. Atomic force microscopy of silica nanoparticles and carbon nanohorns in macrophages and red blood cells, Ultramicroscopy, 110, 586-591, 2010.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, U. C. Kalluri, B. H. Davison, and T. Thundat. Spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy of biomass, Ultramicroscopy, 110, 701-707, 2010.
- R. Farahi, A. Passian, Y. K. Jones, L. Tetard, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Laser reflectometry of submegahertz liquid meniscus ringing, Optics Letters, 34 (20), 3148-3150, 2009.
- R. Desikan, L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. Datar, and T. Thundat. Nanomechanical methods to study single cells. In K. Zengler (Ed.), Accessing Uncultivated Microorganisms: from the Environment to Organisms and Genomes and Back. Washington, D.C.: ASM Press, 2009.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, K. T. Venmar, R. M. Lynch, B. H. Voy, G. Shekhawat, V. P. Dravid, T. Thundat. Imaging nanoparticles in cells by nanomechanical holography, Nature Nanotechnology, 3, 501-505, 2008.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. M. Lynch, B. H. Voy, G. Shekhawat, V. P. Dravid, T. Thundat. Elastic phase response of silica nanoparticles buried in soft matter, Applied Physics Letters, 93, 133113, 2008.
Oversees the following graduate students:
In the News
New $1.25 Million Research Project Will Map Materials at the Nanoscale
A University of Central Florida researcher will lead a recently announced $1.25 million project to map and manipulate materials at the nanoscale. The project’s funding…
UCF College of Sciences Researchers Join Project to Fight Animal-borne Diseases
Two University of Central Florida College of Sciences researchers have been selected by a national philanthropic foundation as research fellows to help fight the threat…