Dr. Tetard received her PhD in Physics from University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, in 2010. She spent two years (2011-2013) as Eugene P. Wigner Fellow and Research Staff in Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, before joining UCF in 2013 where she is an Assistant Professor.
Current systems of interest: 2D materials, nanoarchitectured materials and devices, biomaterials, nanoparticle-cell interactions.
Selected Journal Publications
- B. Duong, H. Khurshid, P. Gangopadhyay, J. Devkota, K. Stojak, H. Srikanth, L. Tetard, R. A. Norwood, N. Peyghambarian, M. Phan and J. Thomas, Enhanced Magnetism in Highly Ordered Magnetite Nanoparticle-Filled Nanohole Arrays, Small, DOI: 10.1002/smll.201303809 (2014), selected for cover page
- M. Ewald, L. Tetard, C. Elie-Caille, L. Nicod, A. Passian, E. Bourillot, E. Lesniewska, From surface to intracellular non-invasive nanoscale study of living cells impairments, Nanotechnology, NANO-102429.R1 in press (2014)
- A. Lereu, R. H. Farahi, L. Tetard, S. Enoch, T. Thundat, A. Passian. Plasmon assisted thermal modulation in nanoparticles. Optics Express, 21 (10), 12145-12158, 2013.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Voy, T. Thundat. Applications of Subsurface Microscopy, Nanotoxicity, in Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 926, 2012.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, S. Jung, A. J. Ragauskas, B. H. Davison. Development of New Methods in Scanning Probe Microscopy for Lignocellulosic Biomass Characterization, Industrial Biotechnology, 8, 1, 2012.
- R. H. Farahi, A. Passian, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Critical issues in sensor science to aid food and water safety, ACS Nano, 6, 4548, 2012.
- R. H. Farahi, A. Passian, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Pump-probe photothermal spectroscopy using quantum cascade lasers, Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 45, 125101, 2012.
- A. Lereu, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, L. Abel-Tiberini, L. Tetard, T. Thundat. Spectroscopy and imaging of arrays of nanorods toward nanopolarimetry, Nanotechnology , 23, 045701, 2012.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, S. Eslami, N. Jalili, R. H. Farahi, T. Thundat. Virtual resonance and frequency difference generation by van der Waals interaction, Physics Review Letters, 106, 180801, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, T. Thundat. Optomechanical spectroscopy with broadband interferometric and quantum cascade laser sources, Optics Letters, 36, 3251-3253, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Optical and plasmonic spectroscopy with cantilever shaped materials, Journal of Physics D-Applied Physics, 44, 445102, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, B. H. Davison, S. Jung, A. J. Ragauskas, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Nanometrology of delignified Populus using mode synthesizing atomic force microscopy, Nanotechnology, 22, 465702, 2011.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, T. Thundat. New modes for subsurface atomic force microscopy through nanomechanical coupling, Nature Nanotechnology, 5, 105-109, 2010.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, T. Thundat. Atomic force microscopy of silica nanoparticles and carbon nanohorns in macrophages and red blood cells, Ultramicroscopy, 110, 586-591, 2010.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. H. Farahi, U. C. Kalluri, B. H. Davison, and T. Thundat. Spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy of biomass, Ultramicroscopy, 110, 701-707, 2010.
- R. Farahi, A. Passian, Y. K. Jones, L. Tetard, A. L. Lereu, T. Thundat. Laser reflectometry of submegahertz liquid meniscus ringing, Optics Letters, 34 (20), 3148-3150, 2009.
- R. Desikan, L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. Datar, and T. Thundat. Nanomechanical methods to study single cells. In K. Zengler (Ed.), Accessing Uncultivated Microorganisms: from the Environment to Organisms and Genomes and Back. Washington, D.C.: ASM Press, 2009.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, K. T. Venmar, R. M. Lynch, B. H. Voy, G. Shekhawat, V. P. Dravid, T. Thundat. Imaging nanoparticles in cells by nanomechanical holography, Nature Nanotechnology, 3, 501-505, 2008.
- L. Tetard, A. Passian, R. M. Lynch, B. H. Voy, G. Shekhawat, V. P. Dravid, T. Thundat. Elastic phase response of silica nanoparticles buried in soft matter, Applied Physics Letters, 93, 133113, 2008.
Oversees the following graduate students:
Fernand Torres Davila
In the News
Three College of Sciences Faculty Receive NSF CAREER Awards
BY ZENAIDA GONZALEZ KOTALA College of Sciences faculty represented half of the six grants awarded in the National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development’s highly competitive CAREER…
UCF Physics Shines at APS Bridge Conference
The University of Central Florida’s Department of Physics was well represented at this year’s annual conference of the American Physical Society Bridge Program. Physics faculty…