The Department of Physics at UCF offers both Master’s and Doctoral programs. Research opportunities are available in condensed matter physics, mathematical physics, nanostructure devices, physics education research, surface science, complex systems, biophysics, atomic, molecular, and optical physics, astronomy and planetary sciences. Click on the degree for more information on curriculum and core courses.
- Master of Science in Physics (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Physics – Planetary Sciences Track (M.S.)
- Masters to PhD Bridge Program (M.S. to Ph.D)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physics (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physics – Planetary Sciences Track (Ph.D)
Related Graduate Degrees
A Master of Education in Science Education (M.Ed.) and a Master of Arts in Science Education (M.A.) are available through the College of Education and Human Performance; both of these degrees offer a Physics track. Please contact the College of Education and Human Performance directly for more information.
- 2017-2018 (Select 2017-2018 Graduate Catalog [Archived Catalog] from the drop-down menu)
- 2002-2003 (*)
- 1997-2001 (**)
(*) Beginning with the 2002-2003 Graduate Catalog, the online catalog is the official version.
(**)For years prior to 2002, the printed copy of the catalog is the official version. The UCF Libraries maintains a collection of printed catalogs in the Reference area.